Shutdown / Turnaround Manager
Undertake the lead role in delivering a 2019 plant shutdown / turnaround. Responsibility and ownership of all elements associated with achieving a successful event within the agreed KPIs.
Large International Chemical Manufacturing Company
Roles and Responsibilities:
Undertake the lead role in delivering a 2019 plant shutdown / turnaround.
Responsibility and ownership of all elements associated with achieving a successful event within the agreed KPIs. This will include but not limited by the following typical activities: -
• Develop and implement the agreed SHE plan covering all turnaround event (supported by the SHE Officer)
• Deliver the responsibilities of the Principle Contractor as defined under CDM Regulations 2015.
• Implementation of an appropriate turnaround / shutdown organisation with the necessary skills and experience to agreed timescales. This will involve the selection of contract/agency personnel into key roles.
• Involvement with the selection of the bulk labour and specialist contractors
• Robust cost control and commercial arrangements in place (supported by the Commercial Manager)
• Robust work listing process set up and operating
• All known work planned with a job method statement to available norms, materials, equipment, etc.
• Job methods and schedule fully validated
• Realistic and achievable schedule constructed for the event covering feeds off to feeds on
• Clearly agreed and understood strategy for the execution of CapEx project work in the event
• Delivery of MJRs and JSAs
• Completion of event planning audits
• Event risk identification, mitigation and contingency planning
• Mobilisation of fit for purpose temporary welfare amenities, stores, offices, etc.
• Completion of all necessary pre-work (eg scaffold/lagging/hot bolting/etc.)
• Lead the management of the event execution phase.
o SHE, Progress, Costs, Quality
o Compliance with site rules and regulations
• Chair the daily management meetings
• Ensure the Extra and New work procedure is effectively managed
• Ensure robust engineering punch listing and handover to the start-up team
• Support the start-up team with engineering support
• Ensure plant area is clean and all materials removed
• Arrange and lead debriefing sessions to capture learning for next time
o Job specs updated with learning
• Produce timely reports incorporating (SHE, Quality, People, Costs, Schedule, etc.)
• This role will integrate into the plant management team and be the most senior person dedicated 100% to delivering the successful turnaround / shutdown
Experience of full management - turnaround / shutdown projects.
Millbank are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Millbank operates as an Employment Agency and Business.