Concept Vehicle Engineering Lead
Based in Gaydon, this role involves aiding the delivery of vehicle architecture and attribute target setting across all AML platforms. You will also be aiding the delivery of Demonstrator Prototypes for future concept vehicles. This role involves liaising with Vehicle Engineering, Core Engineering, Vehicle Attribute, Product Planning & prototype development teams. You will engage and direct suppliers / technical partners for concept vehicle development.
- Support / conduct whole vehicle, attribute and system benchmarking to help generate appropriate targets for concept vehicles as part of platform definition.
- Plan and deliver demonstrator prototype vehicles with technical partners as part of future platform concept development.
- Liaise cross programme and cross platform with vehicle engineering teams to enable balanced attribute decision making.
- Support concept and programme meetings as required acting as the voice of the Concept Engineering team.
- Assist with management reviews and drive assessments as required.
- Attend and present in Technical Forums, programme gateways, and other reviews as required.
- Liaise with rest of concept team in co-ordination of vehicle architecture and commonality to assist Concept Vehicle Engineering Manager.
- Act as stand-in for the Concept Engineering Manager when required.
Key Skills & Experience:
- Automotive or Mechanical Engineering Degree or equivalent (Essential)
- Whole vehicle or complex system programme coordination / management experience. (Desirable)
- Extensive knowledge of whole vehicle attributes. (Essential)
- Experience in component design, development and sign off. (Desirable)
- Experienced vehicle assessor with VER R202 training. (Desirable)
- Expert user of Microsoft Office tools particularly PowerPoint and Excel. (Essential)
- Confident and authoritative presentation skills. (Essential)
- Full UK Driving Licence. (Essential)
- Should be self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Passionate about the product promoting pride throughout the programme.
- Able to build up good working relationships across a wide area of the business.
- This includes; Competitive Basic Salary, Ford Privilege Discount Scheme, Private Medical Cover, Pension Scheme, Health Shield Cash Plan, Death in Service benefit, Individual Performance Bonus and 26 days Annual Leave.
Millbank are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Millbank operates as an Employment Agency and Business.