- The client are looking for a focused, enthusiastic and skilled Stress Engineers to assist in stress analysis. You will be delivering manual calculation and finite element solutions to support internal design projects as well as direct analysis support to external clients.
- You will be delivering stress (linear and non-linear), impact, thermal and fluid analysis using a grasp of relevant industry standards and first principals.
Key responsibilities as a Senior Analysis Engineer:
You will be responsible for:
- Creating analysis plans
- Carrying out analysis for internal projects as part of the design process
- Carrying out Analysis for external clients
- Writing analysis reports
- Checking calculations and analysis by other engineers
- Managing small to medium analysis projects
- Providing input to tenders from an analysis perspective
- Developing junior engineers through task supervision
Position of the Senior Analysis Engineer within the organisation:
- Normally manage a project involving a team of up to 3 engineering staff, although team may be supplemented from elsewhere
- Responsible for managing quality, progress and cost of the work undertaken by their team
- Maybe responsible for managing project subcontracts
- Interacts with engineers of other disciplines internally and externally
- Supervises support staff
- A sound background in mechanical engineering.
- 5-10 years’ experience in hand and FEA calculations.
- Good appreciation of the mechanical design process and manufacturing methods.
- Good understanding Mechanical drawings.
- A passion for engineering and problem solving.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to present results and formal analysis reports in a clear and concise manner.
- First or upper second class degree in a relevant mechanical subject.
- Experience in the nuclear sector.
- Good working knowledge and experience of ANSYS, CAESAR II, LS-DYNA would be an advantage.
- Good working knowledge and experience of Working knowledge of any of the following codes: BS 2573 & BS EN 13001, BS 5950, BS EN 1990 series, PD 5500 Pressure Vessels, BS EN 13445, BS EN 13480, ASME III & VIII, ANSI B31.3 or B31.1
- Chartered Engineer
- Member of a relevant institution (IMechE or IET).
Millbank are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Millbank operates as an Employment Agency and Business.