Prototype BIW Parts Tech
Based in Wellesbourne, this role will support Prototype Operations in the development of new / existing programs / initiatives by parts and tooling manufacture.Key Responsibilities:
- Turning, milling and metalworking of parts to support Prototype activities
- Manufacture /sub-assembly of relevant components
- Assembly of components and fit to vehicle / buck in sequence of build, adhering to process planning sheets or work request sheet.
- Provide flexible support as required in both BIW part machining and BIW assembly.
- Produce templates directly from the vehicle and use them to manufacture simple brackets.
Key Skills & Experience:
- Full education to HND
- Significant post training experience in disciplines identified
- Turning, Milling and metalworking experience.
- Must have worked with and without drawings to develop mechanical installation solutions
- Machining experience with manual milling, turning etc
- Competent in body assembly using adhesive joining process
- Team player but also able to work independently
- Self-starting, relishes challenges
- Problem solver
- Flexible and adaptable to new situations
- Must be prepared to work in both BIW parts manufacture and assembly as program demands dictate.
- The post holder will undertake other duties as may be required to achieve the Company’s objectives, commensurate with the grading of the post.
Millbank are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Millbank operates as an Employment Agency and Business.