A great opportunity is available with our client for an experienced systems engineer to support major Rail projects working with a leading consultancy in their Midlands office.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- As a member of the Rail Systems Team, you will work with technical documents, extracting and manipulating textual requirements in collaboration with technical experts. You will manage large sets of requirements for rail projects, supporting their design teams across the United Kingdom.
- You will assist the Requirements Manager in designing and implementing systematic management procedures for selecting, analysing, organising, developing and demonstrating compliance with requirements.
- You will liaise frequently and in depth with specialist engineers in track, electrification, signalling, civil engineering, electrical plant and systems integration.
- They will train and support you as develop your understanding of these specialist areas and use of specialist requirements management software. In time you will work independently on team tasks and track progress for the requirements team.
You will be part of the Rail Team, whose main goals are:
- To train and support designers from other disciplines to successfully apply systems engineering techniques to rail projects; and
- To provide specialist rail systems expertise to projects.
To this end, you may expect to:
- Methodically identify, analyse, organise and develop requirements for and with project teams.
- Organise and record evidence showing how projects have met and complied with requirements.
- Set up databases and processes for managing requirements and demonstrating compliance.
- Assist in the production of System Engineering plans and processes for requirements management and assurance.
- Report progress through a project and to contribute to safety assurance cases.
- Manage task lists, progress trackers and programmes of work on behalf of the Requirements Manager.
Requirements and skills
Essential Skills and Knowledge:
- Able to communicate with specialists and confirm understanding of technical issues.
- Able to write in clear, precise English and determine the meaning of complex written statements.
- Able to methodically process and organise technical information from diverse documents.
- Able to strictly follow repetitive procedures.
- A university engineering degree in electrical, electronic or information systems
- Ideally, a Master’s degree in Railway Systems Engineering
- Ideally, an active member of INCOSE and/or the IET
Desirable skills and knowledge:
- Able to work with large documents in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Able to proof-read documents and identify duplication, errors, inconsistencies and omissions.
- Able to estimate time and effort for own activities.
Millbank are an equal
opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified
Millbank operates as an Employment Agency and Business.