Senior Systems Engineer
An exciting opportunity is available with our client, leading consultancy, who are looking for some experienced systems engineer with a background in Requirements Management.
Our client is looking for a passionate, focused Senior Systems Engineer, with a good technical knowledge of requirement management to be an integral part of our Client’s Rail team who is highly motivated and with a desire to tackle interesting problems with the opportunity of finding innovative solutions.
Your role will be to provide excellent multi-disciplinary requirements management and assurance capability to projects of varying sizes, and to provide systems engineering management skills and technical knowledge of railway design and operations, within an environment of high quality and timeliness.
Ensuring the successful delivery of multidisciplinary rail projects and bids across their Rail project portfolio, you will be responsible for, and typical activities will include:
- To provide specialist requirements management and assurance expertise to projects
- To train and support designers from other disciplines to successfully apply requirements management and assurance techniques to rail projects;
- Manage and produce documentation and deliverables in Requirements Management for feasibility, outline and detailed design of rail projects
- Manage and support teams in their adherence to those Requirements Management and Assurance and System Engineering processes
- Support the leadership in the development of technical assurance and system engineering team skills and competencies including mentoring of system staff
- Take budgetary and planning responsibility for requirements management and assurance activities which a lead role is undertaken
- Support the preparation of bids and tenders to help win work for the Company by producing bid documentation
- There is also scope for the role to take on responsibility for financial and people management within the team. This will depend on business need, there are also opportunities for short-term placements in other offices if business needs allow and, in time, overseas.
Essential Skills and Knowledge
- Experienced in the production and checking of high-quality Requirements Management plans and procedures
- Proven ability in leading and defining the Requirements Management process
- Thorough knowledge of the Requirements Management process and how it fits into the wider Engineering process
- Experience of different Requirements Management procedures across various Clients
- Experience of setting up Requirements Management systems (inc. using DOORS©, etc)
Desirable Skills and Knowledge
- Experience of other System Engineering disciplines like System Architecture, Detailed System Design, Technical Assurance, System Modelling, Hazard Analysis, EMC and Dependability.
- Experience of mentorship and supervision of Junior Engineers
- Experience in supporting System Engineering single discipline bids or System Engineering contributions to multidisciplinary bids
- Familiarity with engineering safety management practice e.g. Common Safety Method, Yellow Book or equivalent
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or numerate subject
- Ideally Chartered Engineer status or working towards CEng registration
Millbank are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Millbank operates as an Employment Agency and Business.