A leading international industrial services provider. The Group enhances the efficiency of assets, ensures a high level of availability and reduces maintenance costs. The portfolio covers the entire value chain from consulting, engineering, manufacturing, assembly, maintenance, plant expansion as well as turnarounds and also includes environmental technologies and digital applications.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Ensure safe and responsible working and full compliance with Company and Client Safety procedures
- Manages a portfolio of design projects for Bilfinger Clients.
- Provide design cost estimates and programmes to project manager or others in BIS management.
- Responsible for successful delivery of all engineering and design projects to meet Clients technical standards, on time and on budget
- Works with discipline engineers and designers to ensure all works are carried out in a productive and cost effective manner
- In liaison with the Project Control department, prepares and maintains project control documentation including project schedules, budgets, cost monitoring and reporting, risk and change management.
- Ensures compliance with CDM regulations and can act as the Principal Designer where required.
- Ensures that design reviews are scheduled into the design programme and are then executed and closed out in a timely manner
- Ensure Safety, Health & Environmental protection are inherent in the engineering designs produced
- Support procurement activities in projects, taking the lead on procurement of technical equipment and supporting installation subcontract activities
- Ensure constructability of design by ensuring relevant reviews are held with the stakeholders
- Liaise directly with Clients, Project Managers and other disciplines within Bilfinger IS to ensure design encompasses all project stakeholders scope requirements.
- Ensure essential company, (internal & customer) and statutory design standards are effectively and consistently applied with respect to Engineering and Design
- Ensures that queries from the construction team and others are handled efficiently, in a timely manner.
- Act as a discipline engineer in home discipline when required/appropriate
- At least 5 years-experience of managing engineering design of multiple projects within an applicable sector
- Sound engineering background
- Experience of delivery of engineering projects on operational/brownfield sites
Good knowledge of relevant regulations, e.g. ATEX/DSEAR, CDM, PED/PER etc.
- HND or Degree in relevant Engineering discipline (Essential)
- Formal Project Management training from Association of Project Managers (APM) or similar (preferred)
Chartered or Incorporated Engineer (Preferred)
Millbank are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Millbank operates as an Employment Agency and Business.