Our client is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets around the world.They provide performance driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors.
Their Nuclear Engineering business is looking for a skilled and experienced Project Managers to be based on-site at Sizewell nuclear power station and to join their team in supporting a key client on a long term framework agreement.Roles & Responsibilities:
- Identifying, implementing and complying with applicable safety, environmental and quality standards, client procedures and policies and other relevant legislative and regulatory requirements.
- Applying the client project controls standards and developing, maintaining, reporting and trending an accurate project baseline.
Securing, assigning and maintaining a project team containing all the resources required to successfully deliver the project, including specialist support staff.
- Leading and coaching the project team members creating a positive team working environment.
- Identifying and assessing risks and implementing effective risk mitigation strategies.
- Managing assigned projects from concept (Gate A) to close out (Gate D) and maintaining effective integrated project execution strategies and plans.
- Implementing and maintaining effective communication to the project team and all stakeholders including Station, Regulators and central support functions to ensure full understanding and commitment to the deliverables.
- Meeting the specified project functional criteria.
- Controlling scope and cost to the agreed project baseline, instigating and managing change control as necessary.
- Contract management responsibilities where delegated in the F3 Nomination of Contract Roles form.
- Maintain regular involvement of and communications with the Project Sponsor.
- Ensuring that any control arrangements identified, as part of the implementation of Licence Conditions, are adhered to during the lifecycle of the project (for new plant this includes specific arrangements under SLC 19, 20 and 21)
Skills & Qualifications:
- Heavy Mechanical/Electrical background
- Site commissioning experience in required
- EDF site experience with knowledge of EDF site requirments, processes and procedures ie H&S, quality plus work management,/WOC's, and PM ID requirements
- Experience of managing contracts and or plant testing/commissioning would be beneficial
- Typically degree educated, ideally in engineering or a related subject. Chartered or equivalent preferred
- APMP formal project management qualification or equivalent
- Competency: IPMA level C - Knowledge level 5 and Experience Level 4
- The Project Manager must be fully versed in modern project management techniques within complex, multifunctional organisations; have a thorough understanding and knowledge of engineering, design, procurement, safety case, construction and installation/commissioning management and commercial contracting. They should also have significant brown-field project management experience
- Must be able to demonstrate an understanding of Safety Cases including how they are developed and implemented, relevant Health and Safety and Environment legislation including CDM and the actions required to achieve compliance along with a proven track record of working within highly regulated environments with high safety standards and culture. They must also have a good understanding of the needs of quality and how quality is assured and controlled along with relevant experience of commercial, contractual and financial project drivers. Experience of fast-track projects and project start up with multiple work streams requiring rapid development to a conclusion
- Must have excellent communication and organisational skills with the ability to develop relationships and maintain effective networks and be results-focussed tempered with a team-centred approach. They must be a strong conflict manager with a firm and assertive approach but take the analytical approach with a “can do problem solving ability. Will require leadership, influencing and interface management skills and be capable of working with communities with conflicting focuses
- Demonstrable experience of managing projects throughout the full project lifecycle, ideally across a range of complex multi-discipline projects and environments, and management of an integrated project team including staff, agency and assigned functional support. They must be able to demonstrate experience of estimating, cost control, planning and commercial awareness including the preparation of business cases and sanction/ funding papers
- They should be experienced in the preparation of reports and information using packages such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint, be proficient in the use of estimating, scheduling, programming and risk tools and in the use of Earned Value tools. Analytical approach with high-level problem-solving ability
- Mobility when required (within UK)
Millbank are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Millbank operates as an Employment Agency and Business.