Senior Quantity Surveyor
An opportunity is available for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to support the project, based in Warrington
Roles and Responsibilities:
- The Senior Quantity Surveyor shall lead the following aspects of a contract and be able to do so for projects that operate on a lump sum or target basis and that are subject to reasonable levels of change from aspects such as design or delay & disruption:
- Contract cash flow
- Contract change management
- Establishing subcontracts and subcontractor management
- Cost control and earned value management
- Project Commercial Reporting including accurate forecasting
- The Senior Quantity Surveyor must be able to play a significant role in:
- Interviewing, selecting and managing other commercial project resources for projects or across project portfolio’s where required
- Negotiations with clients to secure our contractual entitlements
- Negotiations with subcontractors to defend spurious or exaggerated subcontract change claims
- Establishing and actively managing the project budgets with the Project Manager
- Managing the contract risks with the Project Manager
- Establishing and managing the implementation of the procurement strategy for the contract
- Outside of a project, the Senior Quantity Surveyor shall contribute to the improvements and initiatives set out in Commercial Services e6 plan.
- Ideally you will have the following skills, experience and attributes
- Degree qualified in Quantity Surveying or a commercial related subject (candidates with significant appropriate experience may be considered)
- Candidate has demonstrable experience in all aspects of the above Key Accountabilities section.
- Candidates must be eligible for SC clearance. Clearance will be sponsored by the Company.
- Good knowledge and experience of ‘construction / engineering’ contracts particularly NEC
- Flexibility to travel to other UK offices and sites on occasion as necessary
- PC literate in Microsoft Office Suite particularly Excel
- Articulate with excellent written communication
- Member of, or working towards membership of an appropriate professional institution
- Experience gained within a large contracting organisation
- General understanding of nuclear process plant and equipment would be beneficial
- Full UK driving license
Millbank are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Millbank operates as an Employment Agency and Business.