Head of Industry – Utilities
Our client is a leading international industrial services provider. The Group enhances the efficiency of assets, ensures a high level of availability and reduces maintenance costs. The portfolio covers the entire value chain from consulting, engineering, manufacturing, assembly, maintenance, plant expansion as well as turnarounds and also includes environmental technologies and digital applications.
With its 37,000 employees, they uphold the highest standards of safety and quality and generates an annual output of about £4 billion.
Due to continued growth and an organisational restructure an exciting opportunity has been created for a head of industry for the utilities division. The role will be responsible for all aspects of the management, development, growth, quality, safety and accountability of the industry.
- Drive a Health and Safety culture in the organisation.
- Take full accountability and for the Industry profit and loss account, including accurate reporting and forecasting
- Provide leadership to the industry specific delivery team, and the wider organisation
- Work closely with other Industry Managers and Engineering Services to drive efficiency and improvements in project delivery and resource management across the business.
- Accountable for delivery of projects in the industry sector (time, cost, and quality). Also drive compliance policies.
- Establish strong relationships with customers; look to understand their drivers to help develop the industry strategy. Look at establishing partnerships with the wider organisation, and third parties to develop business in the industry.
- Develop an industry focused competence centre and work with the sales team to develop an industry focused strategy. This will include market trends, customer feedback, and delivery experience. The strategy needs to include all engineering disciplines, manufacturing, installation, support and proposals. Strategy shall include processes, procedures, knowledge sharing, best practice and lessons learned. The strategy should also drive the business strategy.
- Provide recommendations including generation of value propositions, marketing material, GTM strategy, and SWOT analysis.
- Establish a delivery plan and drive its implementation, look for continuous improvement opportunities. Part of the roll out should include stakeholders’ communications, gate reviews, publicity material etc.
- Promote Bilfinger in the sector through conferences, advertisement, publicity events, etc.
- Drive culture of compliance with Bilfinger policies and procedures.
- Degree or equivalent in Engineering or other applicable discipline. Chartered status or working towards.
- A minimum of 10 years of project management (including a track record of delivering complex multidiscipline projects including, but not limited to, Control/Automation, Electrical and Mechanical Design and Installation
- Customer account management, and executive level client engagement
- Extensive experience of Line Management and the development of multidiscipline project teams
- Extensive experience in the field of Control and Automation, Electrical and Mechanical engineering disciplines.
- Good commercial and contractual knowledge especially in NEC contracts would be beneficial.
Millbank are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Millbank operates as an Employment Agency and Business.