Project Engineer - Powertrain Cooling Systems
To deliver future Cooling Systems on a broad range of Applications, from Concept through to Series Production.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Ownership of Cooling Systems across multiple Vehicle Platforms & Applications including:
- Base Engine & Air Induction
- Transmission & Driveline
- Powertrain Electronics
- Define from first principles; future Platform & Archetype Definition and Design Standards.
- Lead/Support Concept System Selection and Application of Archetypes and Design Standards.
- Lead/Support CAD activities within the Powertrain Cooling Systems Team.
- Lead/Support Application Engineers with the delivery of Final Engineering Sign Off activities.
- Create, maintain, and deliver System & Component Timing Plans.
- Maintain Benchmarking & Research of related technologies.
- Lead Quality History Reviews and Design Failure Modes & Effects Analyses for Design Verification Plan generation, and Adjustment of Aston Martin Test Procedures.
- Lead/Support achievement of Functional Targets through collaboration with Attribute Owners.
- Lead/Support achievement of Financial Targets through collaboration with Procurement, and Product Cost Estimating.
- Lead cross-functional meeting with Suppliers, Procurement, and Quality.
- Identify & Assess Intellectual Property Rights Risks & Opportunities.
- Ensure CAD designs incorporate all Design for Manufacture & Service requirements.
- Ensure achievement of all Legal & Certification, Environmental, and Logistical Requirements.
- Generate Cooling System Bill of Materials
- Lead/Support Virtual Verification activities, including Packaging, 1D & 3D Analysis.
- Liaise with System Engineers & Suppliers to ensure System & Component delivery is achieved.
- Supervise, Check & Approve Engineering Drawings for Tooling & Component Creation as per Aston Martin Drafting Standards.
- Create Prototype & Production Engineering Releases (Submission of Engineering Drawings & Supporting Information).
- Support Prototype & Production Builds (Virtual & Physical)
- Ownership of Concerns & Containment Actions (Virtual & Physical)
- Lead/Support Testing of Components & Systems. (Virtual & Physical)
- Perform Data Analysis & Judgement in line with Final Engineering Sign-Off Requirements.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Master’s Degree or equivalent relevant experience.
- Extensive recent experience of Automotive OEM Cooling, at Component and System level (Including Specification, Design, and Development).
- Strong theoretical knowledge of Cooling & Thermal Management.
- Flexibility to work on multiple tasks to a tight timescale, accurately, without detailed supervision.
- Competent with MS Office.
Millbank are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Millbank operates as an Employment Agency and Business.