Principal Safety Case Consultant
Millbank are proud to be working in exclusive partnership with a fantastic Engineering Consultancy who have a excellent reputation in the Nuclear market.
Due to an ever-growing order book, my client is looking for Principal Safety Case Consultants to join their team in their extremely smart offices in Warrington.
You will have a minimum of 5 years relevant experience of working with Safety Cases in the nuclear industry and be able to deliver technical work as well as project & framework management.
As you will be dealing with both internal and external stakeholders, excellent communication skills are required for the production and presentation of proposals, and the writing and peer reviewing of technical documents.
What are the role responsibilities?
- You must be able to demonstrate knowledge of and experience in the production of Safety Case documents, for a number of plant types at different lifecycle stages.
- You must be able to display knowledge of the majority of the following -
- Demonstrate direct involvement in the production of all major elements of Safety Cases, in particular fault analysis and the identification and specification of safety systems (engineered and procedural)
- Provide clear evidence of being directly involved in the integrated design process and interfacing with engineers and human factors specialists
- Demonstrate involvement in the production of complicated/high category Safety Cases under the supervision of an experienced Safety Case project manager
- Ability to project manage the production of less complex/lower hazard category Safety Cases
- Clear evidence of interfacing with the client on matters related to the Safety Case
- Experience of interfacing with peer reviewers and other aspects of safety assurance or due process
- Production and support of the development of bids and proposals
- Development of skills in more junior members of the team
What skills and qualifications will you need?
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in the nuclear industry
- Ability to develop technical work and oversee the work of others
- Preparation of proposals and development of commercial activities
- Able to lead client dialogue
- A good first degree (2:1 or better) or higher degree in a physical science, chemistry or engineering.
Will I require security clearance?
Due to the nature of the role, you will be required to obtain UK security clearance to undertake work in the nuclear industry.
Due to this, we are unfortunately only able to accept applications from individuals who have lived and worked in the UK for the past five years and who hold a full UK passport (not dual nationality).
What are the rewards?
This company understands that the Nuclear Safety Case market is a competitive one and as such is flexible with salary and packages to suit each individual, so if your driver is salary or the ability to work with flexibility then this can be discussed and accommodated for the right individuals.
Millbank are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Millbank operates as an Employment Agency and Business.