OLE Design Engineer
We are currently recruiting for an OLE Design Engineer based in Manchester City Centre. You could be joining a team responsible for the successful delivery of our design commissions for major clients including Network Rail, Councils, Passenger Transport Executives and academic institutions.
Do you want to be involved in some of the largest projects in the UK such as the Transpennine Route Upgrade, major remodelling / enhancement GRIP 5-8 schemes with contractors and numerous GRIP Stage 1-4 commissions for Network Rail, HS2 Ltd, Merseytravel, TfGM and TfN.
- Ensuring the successful delivery of technically excellent multidisciplinary rail projects and bids across our UK portfolio, you will be responsible for, and typical activities will include:
- Determining the OLE design requirements from our client brief and be able to make sound decisions and propose the right design solution.
- Produce the required OLE design to multidisciplinary design teams on large or medium sized projects.
- Checking the OLE designs and calculations within implementation and renewal projects.
- Sharing knowledge, best practice and innovation across our business, providing guidance, training and feedback with other related disciplines and skills, locally and across the UK.
- You will have the freedom to work independently, managing your own personal development utilising our clients in-house and external training opportunities
- Essential Skills and Knowledge
- Experienced in the production of Overhead Line Equipment Feasibility, Scheme and Detailed Design reports, layouts, schematics and calculations (including switch and crossing renewal and remodelling, cross-sections, sectioning, bills of qualities, Earthing and Bonding) within multidisciplinary rail projects.
- Competent in the production of drawings using CAD (e.g. Bentley MicroStation) software.
- Competent in the use of design software (e.g. PROL and ELFF).
Desirable Skills and Knowledge
- Experience in undertaking site surveys / site visits and reporting on asset condition.
- Understanding of Third Rail and other railway electrification systems.
- Understanding and experience in Traction Supply and Distribution.
- Understanding of structural and geotechnical principles associated with OLE equipment design.
- An appropriate HNC / HND or equivalent qualification.
- Ideally, an associate member of the IMechE or IET.
- Working toward Incorporated Engineer with the IMechE or IET or similar would be an advantage.
Millbank are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Millbank operates as an Employment Agency and Business.