Senior Engineer (Hydraulics)
Lead the Hydraulics Engineering projects in all aspects of engineering and delivery of SVO bespoke/one-off Programmes.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Lead the Hydraulics engineering activity and support the QAO team to develop concepts and future model content.
- Monitor and progress resolution of actions from the weekly PMST meetings.
- Provide engineering feasibility and costing support to the Programme team.
- Create test plans, interpret results and support Engineering Sign-Off for Hydraulics systems.
- Lead the development of new and existing Hydraulics component and system suppliers to ensure they meet cost, quality and delivery targets.
- Present as the voice of Hydraulics in all mainstream programme forums including Gateways.
- Work with the Programme team to ensure projects are delivered to cost, quality and time targets.
- Release the Hydraulic systems for manufacture to cover prototype and production builds.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Automotive or Mechanical Engineering degree or equivalent relevant experience.
- Extensive experience within the automotive industry, specifically within a commodity that uses hydraulic systems.
- Experience in component design, development and sign off.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Good ability to clearly present information to all levels in the organisation.
- Ability to build up good working relationships across a wide area of the business.
- Extensive experience of project coordination.
- Driving licence, medical clearance to drive company vehicles.
- Intelligent, motivated and ambitious.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to multi task and prioritise workload.
- Confident and authoritative presentation skills.
- The ideal candidate will be an organised and positive self-starter who works well under pressure and can work to a given deadline.
Millbank are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Millbank operates as an Employment Agency and Business.