A leading international industrial services provider. The Group enhances the efficiency of assets, ensures a high level of availability and reduces maintenance costs. The portfolio covers the entire value chain from consulting, engineering, manufacturing, assembly, maintenance, plant expansion as well as turnarounds and also includes environmental technologies and digital applications.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Represent the interests of BIS in all interactions with the client and maintain client relationships
- Make independent decisions on issues, providing expert technical support within and across disciplines, liaising directly with the client where required
- Carry out work on own initiative meeting agreed milestones, costs and quality targets
- Supervise Designers within own discipline, for delivery of detailed work packages
- Act as Project Engineer for smaller/single discipline projects
- Manage suppliers to ensure timely and cost effective delivery of procured equipment
- Ensure Safety, Health and Environmental protection are inherent in engineering design
- Ensure that all safety, design requirements, QA and project management procedures are applied and maintained
- Be responsible for ensuring quality, checking and approval of discipline design deliverables
- Comply with all safety, CDM requirements for design work, include: design reviews, risk assessments, customer instructions, site regulations, HAZOPS, and SSOW
- Comply with BIS company processes, procedures, H&S and Environmental policies
- Carry out design in accordance with approved design guides, procedures, statutory regulations, customer requirements, British/European Standards / Codes of Practice
- Contribute to the production of cost and man-hour estimates
- Contribute to the preparation of project scoping documents
- Prepare specifications and requisitions for equipment
- Manage and report all costs on allocated projects in terms of progress, cost control and variations
- Carry out design, calculation and studies relevant to the engineering discipline
- Carry out site surveys of existing assets, augmenting design to ensure robust fit for purpose engineering solutions
- Support site installation and commissioning activities
- Provide engineering advice to others within the business as required
- Supervision and Input to the production and / or development of schemes, arrangement drawings, schedules and other deliverables as required by the project, e.g. equipment layouts, piping arrangements, 3D models, isometrics, line lists, valve lists and equipment lists
- Selection & specification of general mechanical items e.g. piping, valves, traps, strainers, hoses, etc.
- Selection & specification of main items of equipment e.g. vessels, tanks, heat exchangers, pumps, compressors, filters, packaged plant, etc..
- Calculations for vessel design and pipe stress analysis using proprietary software
- Knowledge of current standards and codes of practice including PED, PSSR, Pressure Vessel codes, ATEX etc
- 5+ years experience in mechanical engineering design
- Sound technical knowledge and expertise in all areas of mechanical engineering
- Experienced in the selection & specification of relevant equipment
- Application of all key relevant British and European standards and regulations
- Preference will be given to those who have Experience within Gas distribution or transmission
- HNC Mechanical Engineering (or similar) + 10 years experience and/or Incorporated Engineer (IMechE) (Minimum)
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering (or similar) and/or Chartered Engineer (IMechE) (Preferred)
Millbank are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Millbank operates as an Employment Agency and Business.