Mechanical Engineer – Plant Utilities
An assignment is available for a Mechanical Plant Engineer to look after all plant utilities systems & projects for a client based in the Wiltshire area.
The Mechanical Plant Engineer is the system technical expert for all Engineering Utilities systems for the site.The post holder is responsible for managing small projects / initiatives relating to utilities systems and interfacing with the wider client user community to ensure utilities systems on site remain safe, compliant and reliable for all facilities, equipment and staff.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To monitor Utilities equipment trend data as provided by the computerised maintenance management system and liaison with the maintenance teams/users, to recommend and manage process improvements /initiatives, and when required prepare justifications for submission within the appropriate capital budget.
- Represent Engineering and Project Engineer and system expert on capital projects.
- Project manage small business critical projects as delegated by the Site Engineering Manager in accordance with the Client Capital Project procedure.
- Deputise for the Site Engineering Manager providing technical guidance and training to the Principal Maintenance Contract engineering team and administering business process related tasks through the computerised maintenance management system and business management system.
- Represent the Engineering function at audits and inspections as subject matter expert for Utilities supported by the Site Engineering Manager.
- To be responsible for the writing, and review of User Requirements specifications, SOPs and generation of design documentation related to Utilities systems and other equipment within the site.
- Review the Approval of Engineering technical documents as required to support the Engineering function including review and approval of Safety related documents such as pressure systems written schemes of examination.
- Responsible for troubleshooting and liaising with maintenance technicians, engineers and users to establish the root cause, develop and manage appropriate corrective action plans and report through the client non-conformance systems, for failures performance issues
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
The post holder will develop working relationships and communicate regularly with a wide range of individuals, clinical and non-clinical, internal and external to the Client
This will include;
- Research Operations
- FM Capital Projects
- Principal Maintenance Contractor
- Operational Project Management
- Biopharmaceutical Operations
- Specialist Contractors
- Customer auditors
Millbank are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Millbank operates as an Employment Agency and Business.