Senior New Model STA Quality Engineer
The purpose of the role is to be responsible for developing and delivering quality disciplines relating to vehicle and component design, development and launch for all future vehicles within our client. Working closely with both the supply base and within the client to ensure new vehicles are delivered to the correct quality, volume and cost, focusing on knowledge of pressings stampings, laser cutting and welded assemblies.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
Within Quality, their engineers have a wide range of roles and responsibilities, engaging all areas of the business, from Design, Purchasing, Product Development, Launch Teams, Manufacturing, After Sales, Dealerships and supply Base. Worldwide travel, constant interaction with people and the drive to make the highest quality sports cars in the world requires flexible engineers with good communication and team work skills and a thirst for problem solving.
In the manufacturing plant, their engineers bring new products into production through the development of parts, vehicle and supply base. Their engineers also work closely with their manufacturing colleagues and monitor the success of the end product via their After Sales and network of dealerships worldwide. This ensures a wide ranging and absorbing job experience.
- Manage the delivery of off tool, off process 100% accurate parts and final part approval for responsible commodities through Part Approval Process
- Use of automotive engineering quality tools (i.e. DFMEA, PFMEA, PPAP, APQP, 8D)
- Confirm supplier manufacturing capacity status and ensure no negative impact to supply and quality during new model launch.
- Work closely with the supply base to define improvement plans.
- Drive quality history reviews and campaign prevention related activities to ensure no repeat issues from previous models.
- Agree the vehicle and parts quality requirement with PD, programme, manufacturing and suppliers to exceed customer expectations.
Qualifications and Experience
- Knowledge of Pressings, stampings, laser cutting and welded assemblies with Press feasibility being advantageous but not essential
- Understanding and ability to interpret measurement reports from various outputs. PIST, CPK, PPK
- Worked in OEM or Tier 1 supplier responsible for parts quality.
- Experience of Electronic Failure mode analysis and Fault tree generation.
- Experience dealing with next tier suppliers.
- Has implemented engineering changes using SPAP / PPAP system or equivalent.
- Practical experience of problem solving (PPS and/or 8D).
- Ideally educated to Degree level or equivalent relevant experience.
- Full driving license.
Millbank are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Millbank operates as an Employment Agency and Business.