Our client a leading international Engineering Contractor have an immediate requirement for a Health and Safety Advisor to join their team in the Reading Office and surrounding construction and Industrial sites.
The HSE Advisor will be required to ensure that Safety, Health and Environmental standards are set and maintained for the area.To provide a robust SHE advisory service to managers and supervisors. To liaise effectively with customers’ safety teams.
- To actively promote and encourage a positive Safety, Health and Environmental culture.
- Ensure that effective proactive monitoring arrangements are in operation
- Ensure all accidents, incidents and near misses are reported and follow-up actions completed
- To implement and promote the Company’s and Customers’ SHE policies and procedures
- To liaise with managers / supervisors to ensure that work planning and execution activities are completed in compliance with all relevant SHE legislation and local procedures.
- To provide professional support and guidance to the project team
- To offer practical solutions on SHE related issues
- To ensure effective and thorough accident / Incident investigations in support of supervisors and managers
- To devise and participate in workplace inspection and audit programmes
- To prepare and issue a monthly safety report to the regional management team
- To maintain and update safety bulletins and notice boards
- To prepare and issue regular SHE communications
- To develop and implement SHE initiatives / improvement plans - near miss reporting, brothers keeper, etc.
- To organise and undertake behavioural safety audits
- To provide guidance and support on the use of PPE/RPE
- To encourage safe behaviour through local recognition and reward programmes
- To provide assistance for preparation of proposals
- To ensure adequate provision of safety related equipment and PPE
- To ensure that all personnel are trained and instructed to achieve the highest SHE standards
- To audit and review performance to the business and customer standards
- Responsible for the preparation and regular review of Construction Health and Safety Plan
- Production ofRAMS and review subcontractors RAMS
- Devise Induction programme and agenda
- Prepare & Implement contract specific Permit to Work procedure
- Production of Project CDM Risk Register and ongoing review.
- Devise plan for site Welfare arrangements.
- Maintenance of safety and technical competencies, including training records
- Production and maintenance of Project environmental plan with Environmental Advisor
A background of work in Industrial Constructionenvironment with a knowledge of oil, gas and chemical processes and operations
Worked as part of a management team to deliver objectives on a day to day and longer term basis, with the ability to react to changing priorities
A recognised professional qualification in HSE – Ideally NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent (achieved or actively working towards), and membership of a relevant professional institution (IOSH, IIRSM etc).
Millbank are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Millbank operates as an Employment Agency and Business.