GIS Support Analyst
We are working with an engineering consultancy specialises in delivering the full lifecycle of projects working in the Marine and Nuclear industry. The client has tackled some of the largest technical and manufacturing challenges presented by their nuclear clients, from fuel cycle and power generation through to nuclear new build and decommissioning.
An opportunity has arose for a GIS Support Analyst to be responsible for assisting in the operational and development support of our clients Marine Services Offshore Wind Management System.
- Evaluating client needs and providing recommendations for the most appropriate tool or suite of tools.
- Implement recommendations to create solutions for project GIS data management problems.
- Help create specifications to design and create front-end web user interfaces.
- Participate in design, implementation and maintenance of ArcGIS Server architecture (this will include liaising with other IT and technical specialists)
- Aid the design and build geoprocessing scripts to automate complex tasks
- Check and process incoming data for quality control and assessment criteria to provide a high quality formatted database for colleagues and clients to use
- Constantly assess the market for new developments to keep our client moving forward
- Assist the team in improving data management and analysis processes across the division by taking part in presentations and training activities
- Implement ongoing development and implementation of standards for day-to-day OWMS processes and data management
- Participating in the on-call rota
- Experience in the application of ESRI ArcGIS suite of products including ArcGIS Server Online and Portal
- Understanding of administering and best practice of using databases such as MS SQL Server
- A grasp of python and arcpy for providing custom tools to improve workflows
- An understanding of database development (SQL)
- Experience working with XML, JSON and GeoJSON a bonus
- Client facing
- Knowledge of IIS7
- Aiding in the management of the software development process.
- Aiding management of the change control process for the implementation and changes to GIS data
- To uphold a strong position on quality assurance and testing.
- Working with clients and working as part of the operations teams including periods away from home attending client sites
- Preferably Degree qualified in a suitable Computing or GIS related subject.
- Experience of high availability Software solutions
- 1 year plus in a technical role in either Renewables, Oil & Gas or other offshore energy related industries
Millbank are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Millbank operates as an Employment Agency and Business.