***Previous civils Rail experience essential for this role***
Due to our clients increased work load we are currently looking to recruit Site Agents to join their projects in Scotland.This project is located across the Scottish Highlands so we will require people who are flexible with location and able to lodge away during the week and work alternative weekends.
Your key activities will include:
- Set a personal example in health, safety and environmental matters by ensuring compliance with company policies and procedures through method statements, risk assessments and briefings.
- Manage, supervise and mentor section, site and assistant engineers to ensure high levels of engineering control and generation of appropriate records.
- Maintain good working relationship with RE staff and supply chain.
- Adopt and promote a cost-conscious attitude through efficient use of company resources.
- Support the agent as required in operating the cost management system, the production of programmes and QF preparation.
- Communicate with commercial staff to ensure all records for measurement and payment purposes are prepared promptly, in appropriate form.
- Communicate with general foreman to ensure adequate work preparation and resources availability.
- Assist the agent as required to procure necessary materials, sub-contracts and plant in sufficient time.
- Review with the agent regularly the performance, development and training needs of subordinate staff, including underperformance or potential resignations.
- Advise agent of any potential commercial or contractual liabilities.
Your qualifications and experience will include:
- Successful experience at section engineer level.
- Thorough working knowledge of Company health safety quality and environment procedures.
- Demonstrated application of growing commercial and contractual knowledge.
- Qualified to ICE Technician or Incorporated level or equivalent (preferred).
- Valid PTS & Medical
- As you will be likely to be working away from home long term days or nights and weekend works available and paid at plus 25% of normal day shifts.
****2 return journeys home will be paid twice a month, flights can be arranged with advance notice****
Millbank are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Millbank operates as an Employment Agency and Business.