Materials Controller – Mechanical/Piping
An assignment is available for a Materials Controller to support the project, based in Middlesbrough
Roles and Responsibilities:
- The Material Controller is considered as the team leader of a labour group. Usually is oriented to a discipline such as Mechanical, Equipment, Electrical/Instrument or piping materials. Under the direction of the warehouse chief, its main duties are:
- Leading teams to perform warehouse activities.
- Leading material load or unload of the assigned discipline.
- Count, mark and identify or separate material according to the Release Notes.
- Collect all documentation associated to a shipment or delivery
- Physical Inventory
- Prepare Material dispatch to subcontractors.
- In/out Material transport escort.
- Assure maintenance and preservation of storage materials.
General knowledge is required regarding to:
- Being able to recognize different material specifications so to ensure storage area segregates all materials between low alloy steel and carbon steel, stainless steel and galvanized steel for protection from contamination and confusion.
- Different type of Pipe and fitting Materials identification and tracking.
- Assisting with inspection group such as alloy verification, heat number, schedule, bonnet no. etc. as per UNE, ASME, ASTM standard and specification.
- Inspecting of hand operated manual valves to make sure that the item code is printed and tagged with the equipment.
- Handling and issue of mechanical spares/ material for normal operation, shutdowns and during on calls.
Millbank are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Millbank operates as an Employment Agency and Business.