Senior Process Engineer
An opportunity is available for an experienced Senior Process Engineer to assist a North West based consultancy with various chemical and life science related projects.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The role requires an experienced process engineer, capable of demonstrating a strong knowledge of process design deliverables from concept through to detailed design, and engineering expertise across a wide range of industrial applications, particularly chemical and pharmaceutical sectors.
It is anticipated that the individual is a Chartered Engineer with 5-10 years relevant experience with a desire to work in a technical role. Experience within a consultancy / contracting environment would be an advantage.
The ideal candidate will either have proven technical project / team leadership experience or be looking to develop in this area. Additionally, experience with chemical engineering design packages (e.g. ASPEN, PEL) and an ability to lead / coach others in these areas is highly desirable.
- Project Delivery Leadership
- Support the Lead Engineer on larger projects or perform the Lead Engineer role on smaller projects.
- Ensure the efficient running of all aspects of the process delivery within the overall policies and objectives laid down by the company.
- Responsible for all technical matters associated with the process design and to ensure that the process designs conform with mandatory standards, local legislation and client/project requirements
- Liaise with Clients, Project Managers, Lead Engineers and other disciplines to ensure the smooth running of the process aspects of projects. This includes the provision of adequate information for planning, cost control and equipment costing.
- Generate and check process design models, documents, drawings and reports.
- Ensure that the process design and subsequent detailed engineering do not jeopardise the plant safety or performance.
- Advise Project Managers and Lead Engineers of all technical risks inherent in a plant design and assist in the evaluation of these risks through to successful conclusion.
- Identify those procedures, practices and standards required by the process team to efficiently carry out its work, and co-ordinate preparation of such.
- Identify areas of process development which are likely to benefit the company.
- Chemical Engineering degree recognised by the IChemE.
- A working knowledge of process safety related regulations and methodologies
- Hands on operating experience through a commissioning or similar role.
- An ability to communicate via both verbal and written means to peers and to people outside of the company.
- A demonstrated aptitude for developing further competency in Process Engineering expertise and leadership. (In terms of Experience, Sectors and Project Life Cycle).
- Legally permitted to live and work in the UK.
- UK Driving Licence.
Millbank are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Millbank operates as an Employment Agency and Business.