Lead Process Engineer
An opportunity is available for a Process Design Lead/Consultant (Lead Process Engineer) to assist a consultancy based in the South supporting various chemical and pharmaceutical related projects.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The role requires an experienced process engineer, capable of demonstrating a strong knowledge of process design deliverables from concept through to detailed design, and engineering expertise across a wide range of industrial applications, with particularly strong experience in the pharmaceutical and life sciences sectors.
It is anticipated that the individual is a Chartered Engineer with 15-20 years relevant experience, ideally within a contracting environment, with a desire to work in a technical role.
The ideal candidate will also have proven project / team leadership experience and significant experience with chemical engineering design packages (e.g. ASPEN, PEL) and an ability to lead / coach others in these areas.
Project Delivery Leadership
- Complete technical and managerial responsibility of process delivery on major projects.
- Ensure the efficient running of all aspects of the process delivery within the overall policies and objectives laid down by the company.
- Responsible for all technical matters associated with the process design and to ensure that the process designs conform with mandatory standards, local legislation and client/project requirements
- Lead a project design team and be able to coach and mentor more junior engineers.
- Liaise with Clients, Project Managers and other disciplines to ensure the smooth running of the process aspects of projects. This includes the provision of adequate information for planning, cost control and equipment costing.
- Generate / check / approve process design models, documents, drawings and reports.
- Ensure that the process design and subsequent detailed engineering do not jeopardise the plant safety or performance.
- Advise Project Managers of all technical risks inherent in a plant design and assist in the evaluation of these risks through to successful conclusion.
- Assist in establishing operating policies and objectives directed towards ensuring profitable operations, growth of business and the enhancement of the process team’s competence and performance.
- Identify those procedures, practices and standards required by the process team to efficiently carry out its work, and co-ordinate preparation of such.
- Identify areas of process development which are likely to benefit the company.
- Support the Business Development team on sales visits, conference calls and/or client meetings.
- Lead / support the production of compelling and competitive proposals.
- Generate / check / approve scope of work write-ups and manhour estimates to comply with tender requirements.
- Chemical Engineering degree recognised by the IChemE.
- An in depth subject knowledge in key process engineering areas. May be considered “subject matter expert” in some fields.
- A working knowledge of process safety related regulations and methodologies
- Hands on operating experience through a commissioning or similar role.
- An ability to communicate via both verbal and written means to peers and to people outside of the company.
- A demonstrated aptitude for developing further competency in Process Engineering expertise and leadership. (In terms of Experience, Sectors and Project Life Cycle).
- Legally permitted to live and work in the UK.
- UK Driving Licence.
Millbank are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Millbank operates as an Employment Agency and Business.