Chartered Civil Engineer
We are working in partnership with a client that provides technical expertise and commercial insight to deliver asset and infrastructure projects worldwide. They are a multidiscipline engineering consultancy that are technical specialists to support every point of a project's lifecycle for their clients.
They currently have an exciting opportunity for a Chartered Civil Engineer with construction contract administration experience. You will have a real passion for delivering multi-discipline projects that are predominantly based in the Yorkshire region.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Joining the existing Civil Engineering team, you will be involved in delivering a wide range of infrastructure projects to the value of £10m and will have responsibility and accountability for specific aspects of projects. You will continue to develop your existing, wide range of project management and contract administration skills and knowledge, working closely with clients, contractors, stakeholders and colleagues to deliver quality outcomes in challenging timelines.
They are looking for professionally credible and commercially minded Chartered Civil Engineer with enthusiasm, energy and the ability to act on their own initiative to meet clients' expectations. The ability to identify project requirements, develop a programme of delivery, control costs, manage project governance and administer construction contracts on behalf of clients will be crucial for success.
You will be immersed in a variety of duties. You will be expected to quickly understand and assist in the management of design stages, procurement, tendering and administration of construction contracts on a variety of projects in the commercial and residential development sectors.
You should have a determined approach to delivery, embracing the project team around you, forming effective relationships and always looking to deliver projects to the highest standard.
Specific activities will include all aspects of project delivery support from start to finish, including:
- Quality control
- Cost control
- Preparation of tender and contract documents
- Evaluating tenders
- Contract stage project management and administration
- Health and safety aspects
- Client and stakeholder liaison,
- The role could also include bid support
Skills & Experience:
The successful applicant will be expected to have:
- BSc / B.Eng in Engineering or Construction related degree
- Chartered membership of a recognised civil engineering professional institution
- Good communication skills
- Able to work collaboratively with clients and suppliers and to deliver results
- Professional and ethical in everything that you do
- Knowledge of multi discipline project development and implementation
- Able to Identify and develop a phased approach to delivery, working collaboratively with the client to understand and agree project requirements
- Understanding of the NEC3 Engineering and Construction Contract or other recognised contract form that is applicable to the construction industry.
- Driving licence
- Suitability for security clearance
In return for your dedication, you will enjoy a quality total remuneration package, including contributory pension, health cover and flexible working options. Pick and choose your perfect blend from advantages including childcare and retail vouchers, travel insurance and variable holiday. You will also benefit from great training and development, with support to achieve your career goals. We will also give you an extra days’ leave for your birthday each year.
Millbank are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Millbank operates as an Employment Agency and Business.