Lead Project Engineer
Our Client, a leading international Industrial Service provider are looking to strengthen their engineering team to meet forthcoming project requirements. They are looking for lead engineers across all disciplines and project engineers to manage overall design input into projects.
We are looking for next generation leaders who have worked within a Project EPC environment and have a proven record of managing the engineering requirements within that environment.
Reporting to Engineering Manager, the Lead Project Engineer will be responsible for but not limited to:
- Coordinate engineering discipline functions and ensure inter-discipline and wider design reviews are coordinated and completed
- Ensure constructability of design by ensuring relevant reviews are held with the stakeholders
- Ensure that engineering and designs are completed in full compliance with legislative, BUK and client regulations and standards
- Manage the technical queries and requests for information with the clients
- Coordinate and manage all third party approvals of engineering and design packs
- Coordinate and manage formal process safety assessments (HAZID, HAZOP, SWDS etc.)
- Liaise directly with Clients, Project Managers and other disciplines to ensure design encompasses all project stakeholders’ scope requirements.
- Ensures that queries from the construction team and others are handled efficiently, in a timely manner.
- Attend and contribute to constructability and hazard identification (HAZCON) reviews
- Coordinate the provision of design and engineering support during fabrication and construction activities
- Coordinate and collate as-built information and complete all necessary information for the final handover databooks
- Manages a portfolio of design projects for the companies Clients or reporting to the Project Manager.
- Provide design cost estimates and programmes to the estimating team and/or Project manager.
- Responsible for successful delivery of all engineering and design projects to meet Clients technical standards, on time and on budget
- In liaison with the Project Control department, prepares and maintains project control documentation including project schedules, budgets, cost monitoring and reporting, risk and change management.
- Prepare and present regular progress reports for engineering and design
- Support procurement activities in projects, taking the lead on procurement of technical equipment and supporting installation subcontract activities (approved data sheets, organising and attending FATs etc.)
- Manage the technical queries and requests for information with the original equipment manufacturers
- Liaise closely with project logistics and construction management to ensure equipment deliveries are coordinated
- Experience in general process plant is required and we would prefer specific experience in chemicals, energy and waste recycling projects
- 5+ years’ experience of managing engineering design of multiple projects within an applicable sector
Sound engineering background:
- Experience of delivery of engineering projects on operational/brownfield sites
- Application of all key relevant British and European standards and regulations
- Experience within process industries
- Good knowledge of relevant regulations, e.g. ATEX/DSEAR, CDM, PED/PER etc.
- HND or Degree in relevant Engineering discipline (Essential)
- Formal Project Management training from Association of Project Managers (APM) or similar (preferred)
- Chartered or Incorporated Engineer (Preferred)
Millbank are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Millbank operates as an Employment Agency and Business.