Our client is a technology company making vehicles fully electric, digitally connected, and smart. They are working with some of the world's leading businesses and governments with the goal to re-define how cities look, think and feel. Their vehicles will be 100% built by robots and are autonomous-ready.
They’ve assembled some of the finest minds in software, engineering, AI and robotics and they’re now looking for enthusiastic Mechanical Robotics Engineers on a permanent staff basis to join their newly created Robotics Factory team. Our client is creating an entirely new approach to manufacturing and as such, they need people who think differently.
They are pushing the boundaries of technology, working without legacy and creating innovative technology by novel means.
Key elements of your role will include:
- Installing CV
- Installing Control PC
- Installing Software & Delivery
- Control operations
- Control Implementation
- Responsible for the installation, configuration and maintenance of robotics IT equipment of the cells under direction, to support implementation and production processes
- Install, configure and maintain CV system, Control PCs, Controllers, PLC, etc.
- Install and configure software of Control PCs, CV PCs
- Provide, participate, assist and control pre-production testing and implementation of new robotic applications
- Calibrate, operate robots as needed
- Assist in the installation and service of robots and robotic systems.
- Assembly and installation (including wires and peripheral equipment) using hand tools, power tools, fixtures, or templates following technical drawings, and written instruction
- Drive all activities related to ensuring new robotic cells is built to specification.
- Provide equipment maintenance, performing routine maintenance on equipment and determining when and what kind of maintenance is needed
- Ensure availability of spare parts for every type of equipment, components in accordance with production and testing processes.
- Perform (provide/organize/assist) diagnostic, troubleshooting and replacing or repairing elements of IT robotic equipment including troubleshooting of PC and CV components, PLC, wiring, sensors, etc. by yourself or using external partners
- Organize, provide and coordinate procurement for robotic factory of basic equipment (PC, CV, sensors, controllers, wires, fixtures, etc.) and components in accordance with specifications and technical information
- Maintenance of record inventories of equipment and parts, tracking and storing
- Collaborate with other engineering partner’s teams
- Provide technical support to the development team
- Bachelor in Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics, Automation, Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering or related technical discipline
- Primarily expertise in IT, software, computer equipment (knowledge, installation, maintain and repair)
- Knowledge/understanding of modern robotic systems and technology solutions and their practical implementation (Kinematic, CV, Grasping, Fasteners, etc.)
- Knowledge/experience in installing, programming, operate and maintain PLC, controllers, robotic control unit and/or automation industrial IT environment
- Experience in assembly and maintenance of a variety of computer vision equipment is a plus
- Knowledge of manufacturing, IT, industrial networks and applications.
- Knowledge of safety requirements involving electrical systems is a plus
- Basic knowledge of various industrial communications networks (Ethernet/IP, EtherCAT, etc.)
- Experience in IT, mechanical, mechatronic and robotic components selection, and procurement is preferred
- Ability to read/interpret and understand technical documentation, schematics and equipment specification
- Familiar in 3D printing is a plus
- Computer and electrical troubleshooting skills
- Must be able to mechanically and electrically assembling according to schemes and documentation
- Experience using AutoCAD
- The ability to lift 40 pounds and move equipment up to that weight
- The ability to ascend/descend ladders
We’d love it if you have:
- A hunger to learn.
- A huge desire to achieve.
- The ability to work in a fast moving meritocracy where every employee looks to constantly improve themselves and their company.
Millbank are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Millbank operates as an Employment Agency and Business.