- The Mechanical Piping Engineer will have the responsibility to support the Engineering & Design Department through the delivery of engineering services, design and design management of mechanical pipework and associated installations in a number of sectors including Water, Pharmaceutical, Food & Beverage and Manufacturing.
- The Mechanical Piping Engineer will have the responsibility to lead the mechanical design team and mechanical services related designs by others i.e. Structural / Steel Work designs.
- The Mechanical Piping Engineer will have a technical and engineering background and have industry related experience from a delivery, quality, cost and operational perspective.
- The Mechanical Piping Engineer will work closely with the Engineering & Design Director, Group Design Manager and Engineering & Design Team Leads to support the efficient and effective running of the department.
- The Mechanical Piping Engineer is required to work closely with the companies Quality Assurance, IT Support Services, Human Resources, and Project Management teams.
The post holder will:
- Develop preliminary Scope of Works into detailed engineering and design proposals including man-hour forecasts;
- Review and assess tender documentation for completeness & compliance, identify risk & appropriate risk mitigation measures, identify resource needs and plan the works;
- Manage the effective delivery of projects to time, quality, and cost targets by personal leadership or directing other members of the team;
- Prepare or review and approve contract documentation including Scope of Work and Professional Services Agreements for Design Subcontracts;
- Design subcontract management;
- Provision of concept, developed and detailed design deliverables for mechanical pipework installations and associated mechanical services installations (Including 3D Model, piping isometrics, general arrangement drawings, bill of materials, design risk register, steelwork support details, valve/equipment schedules, specifications etc.)
- Lead the improvement of performance by seeking, reviewing and applying, where appropriate, innovative technical solutions;
- Support department budget & commercial activities;
- Have excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritise
- Mentor / train other mechanical team members
- Work closely with Human Resources to ensure security, integrity and confidentiality of data;
- Identify & implement procedural and policy changes to improve operational efficiency;
- Providing effective, accurate & efficient technical advice and CAD services to both internal & external customers;
- Interface between other departments such as HR, QA, E&I, Technology, Mechanical & IT;
- Fulfil ‘Designer’ or ‘Principal Designer’ duty holder responsibilities as defined by the Construction (Design & Management) Regulations 2015.
- HNC or Degree in technical engineering related subject;
- Strong experience in UK construction projects;
- Strong understanding of design process & associated documentation;
- Project lifecycle experience;
- Strong experience using AutoCAD, CADWorx and other Computer Aided Design tools;
- Knowledge of quality assurance, accounting, data and administrative management practices and procedures;
- Knowledge of human resources management practices and procedures;
- Knowledge of business and management principles.
Millbank are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Millbank operates as an Employment Agency and Business.