An assignment is available for an experienced Civil/Structural Engineer to support a major nuclear project.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Represent the interests of the Company in all interactions with the client and maintain client relationships
- Make independent decisions on issues, providing expert technical support within and across disciplines, liaising directly with the client where required
- Carry out work on own initiative meeting agreed milestones, costs and quality targets
- Supervise Designers within own discipline, for delivery of detailed work packages
- Act as Project Engineer for smaller/single discipline projects
- Manage suppliers to ensure timely and cost-effective delivery of procured equipment
- Ensure Safety, Health and Environmental protection are inherent in engineering design
- Ensure that all safety, design requirements, QA and project management procedures are applied and maintained
- Be responsible for ensuring quality, checking and approval of discipline design deliverables
- Comply with all safety, CDM requirements for design work, include: design reviews, risk assessments, customer instructions, site regulations, HAZOPS, and SSOW
- Comply with company processes, procedures, H&S and Environmental policies
- Carry out design in accordance with approved design guides, procedures, statutory regulations, customer requirements, British/European Standards / Codes of Practice
- Contribute to the production of cost and man-hour estimates
- Contribute to the preparation of project scoping documents
- Prepare specifications and requisitions for equipment
- Manage and report all costs on allocated projects in terms of progress, cost control and variations
- Carry out design, calculation and studies relevant to the engineering discipline
- Carry out site surveys of existing assets, augmenting design to ensure robust fit for purpose engineering solutions
- Support site installation and commissioning activities
- Provide engineering advice to others within the business as required
- All aspects of the design of industrial buildings (in particular steel framed) including foundation selection and design, from concept to construction.
- Produce Civil, Structural and Building Specifications
- Produce detailed calculations together with the use of Staad Pro analysis software
- Knowledge and use of current standards and industry best practices including Eurocodes as applied within the UK
- Knowledge of the requirements of UK Building Regulation’s and their application
- To carry out surveys of existing sites, in particular industrial, with an understanding of the information required to advance office designs.
- Produce estimates for the design and construction of projects.
- Proven experience in civil/structural engineering design
- Sound technical knowledge and expertise in all areas of civil/structural engineering
- Experienced in the selection & specification of relevant equipment
- Application of all key relevant British and European standards and regulations
- Experience within process industries
Millbank are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Millbank operates as an Employment Agency and Business.