Senior/Principal Waste Management Consultant
We are working with a leading consultancy who are looking to recruitment Senior & Principal Waste Management Consultants for their busy Warrington office. They are growing the business so they have offer more of the high-quality services they provide to the nuclear sector. You can expect to work in a great environment, where they are keen to develop all members of staff, work in a collaborative way across all the team within the business and ensure the best delivery of projects to their clients.
The successful candidate(s) will have relevant experience of working in the nuclear industry, be able to deliver technically, project & framework management and assist in the future growth.
The successful candidate(s) should be self-motivated and have established technical expertise in the area of radioactive waste management.
Excellent communication skills are required for the production and presentation of proposals, and the writing and peer reviewing of technical documents.
The vacancy provides an excellent opportunity for those wishing to develop their careers technically and commercially.
- Work on a range of consultancy projects for customers including radioactive waste producers, radioactive waste management organisations and regulators, both in the UK and overseas. Work includes a wide variety of activities across the areas of integrated radioactive waste management, spent fuels and nuclear materials and site investigation/land quality. Depending on the specialisms of the applicant, work could include:
- Development of waste characterisation and management strategies;
- Delivery of technical waste characterisation and management projects from project inception to final reporting;
- Consideration of approaches for radioactive waste characterisation, management, treatment, packaging and disposal;
- Production and support of the development of bids and proposals;
- Development of skills in more junior members of the team.
Skills / Qualifications:
- Proven experience in the nuclear industry is essential.
- Ability to develop technical work and oversee the work of others.
- Able to work in multi- disciplinary teams;
- Preparation of proposals and development of commercial activities.
- Able to lead interactions with customers.
- Flexible, innovative and able to work on a number of varied projects.
- Will need to be able to obtain appropriate security clearance.
Candidates will have some of the following experience:
- Waste Management Strategy and application of Waste Management Hierarchy (WMH)
- Waste Characterisation, Radionuclide Fingerprinting and In-situ characterisation
- Data Quality Objectives (DQO) experience
- Best Available Technology (BAT) assessments – including experience in Best Practicable Means (BPM) and Best Practicable Environmental Option (BPEO)
- Environmental Impact Assessment and any relevant experience in Environmental Permit applications
- Radiochemical and Analytical Analysis – ISO 17025 for measurement and calibration
- Experience of waste stream characterisation and letter of compliance (LoC) application
- Preferably a Certified Radioactive Waste Advisor but not essential
It’s not expected that all the above experience has been attained, but some experience or an understanding of the above is very advantageous.
Millbank are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Millbank operates as an Employment Agency and Business.