Bid Manager - Nuclear
We are working with a client that specialises in engineering projects within the nuclear industry. They have a key requirement for a Bid Lead/Manager to join them in the North West office. This role will be taking a lead in developing new and existing relationships within the nuclear industry and then managing the bid/tender process. The client is a well-known name within the nuclear industry, so it will be the incumbent’s role to further build on this, and let key contacts within the industry know about the solutions they can provide.
The Bid Lead/Manager is responsible for all activities necessary for submitting a winning tender and becomes the point of contact with the Customer from tender launch through to order receipt, including responsibility for internal & external communication.
Responsible to the Head of Business Winning for:
- Ownership of assigned opportunities
- Management & administration of the tender preparation process
- Bid preparation programme
- Production of the Tender document
- Submission of completed approved tender by due date
- Ensure that the Gated Process controls are carried out and documented
- Completion within tender budget
- Allocation of all contract deliverables to Tender team members
- Establishing the Tender data storage location file / directory
- Establishing the change control process
- Establishing the risks, exclusions & assumptions register
- Establishing the Lessons Learnt register
- Logging and maintaining information on EFACS
- Supporting other Bid Leads on Major opportunities when required.
- Mentoring and Coaching
- Agreeing Project execution strategy with nominated Team
- Establishing Work Breakdown structure (liaison with Engineering dept)
- Agreeing Make / Buy decisions (with Manufacturing team)
- Preparation of labour man-hour estimates (Manufacturing, Engineering, Admin & Projects)
- Preparation of project execution Commentaries (Manufacturing, Engineering, Test, Quality)
- Preparation of Project Programme with Budget / Resource allocations to tasks (Projects)
- Materials estimate through valid quotations from approved suppliers (Procurement)
- Assessment of risks and compilation of appropriate contingency
- Compilation of Final estimate (using agreed rates & overheads in the Cost estimate spreadsheet)
- Management of the risks, exclusions & assumptions register (liaison with Projects)
- Preparation of cashflow statement & graphs
- Completion of internal Team Review prior to approval
- Preparation of Bid Settlement Documentation for Internal & External Approval Process
- Receipt of final Tender Approval (through the formal Tender Approval Gate checklist)
- Project management of a team to control both tender cost programme (bid due date)
- Knowledge of tender preparation process
- Working knowledge of electronic data management – Excel, Word & Power Point
- Assertive and confident in managing and directing a diverse team of people/skills
- Liaison with key suppliers to ensure best value
- Delivery of internal Best Practice
- Presentation skills to ensure submission of a compliant tender and an attractive tender document
- Knowledge of Mechanical &/or Electrical Engineering
- Commercial Acumen
- Negotiation Skills
- Proven experience of bidding/tendering within the nuclear industry
To receive from others:
- A clear understanding of the required scope of supply (from the Bid/No bid team)
- An initial estimate of the appropriate Target Cost which the tender should achieve (from the Bid/No bid team and reflecting a price that would be attractive to the customer)
- Technical support from essentially involved functions
The tender preparation task will include:
- Degree, HNC or equivalent in an appropriate discipline.
- APMP Qualification (Desirable)
- P6 and Project Management related qualifications would be a distinct advantage.
- Training will be provided in the job specific skills that are required.
- Full Driving License
Millbank are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Millbank operates as an Employment Agency and Business.