Business Development Manager - Condition Monitoring
A new opportunity has arisen for an experienced Business Development Manager with experience of condition monitoring products and services. The company provide these products and services to the Marine Industry across Europe and Scandinavia, so this opportunity will be taking the lead in developing business in these areas.
The role is to perform the promotion of condition monitoring products and services to secure new accounts within Northern Europe and Scandinavia. You will identify new strategic accounts, engage with them to demonstrate unique and compelling added value. You will also be responsible for account management to existing clients, but the emphasis will be on finding new business through a Consultative selling process.
- Responsible for managing sales activities in assigned regions
- Grow the number of clients within the assigned regions
- Identify, qualify new prospects
- Engage with qualified prospects through direct meetings and continuous dialogue to create positive long-term partnerships
- Manage the entire sales process through to close
- Maintain and develop customer relationships in assigned regions
- Proactively identify sales and strategic growth opportunities
- Ensure requests are responded to in a timely and professional manner
- Contribute with new creative ideas for marketing, sales documentation, presentations and to R&D.
- Attend weekly and/or monthly team meetings with sales team
- Responsible for ensuring CRM and other sales applications are updated and fully utilised
- Communicate with peers and report to General Manager on a regular basis.
- Attend conferences and exhibitions as directed
- Form a consultative sales strategy for each opportunity / customer
Qualifications and Experience:
- Commercial acumen along with a desire and drive to succeed
- Minimum of three years’ experience in business development or account management
- Experience in selling software products
- Experience in the Shipping Industries preferable
- Experience in consultative / solution selling
- Experience in condition monitoring and techniques
- Proven ability to negotiate effectively and close deals
- A keen mind with the ability to extract and understand client needs
- Excellent influential communication skills: Interpersonal, presentation and written
- Willingness and ability to travel 50% within the UK, Northern Europe & Scandinavian
Millbank are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Millbank operates as an Employment Agency and Business.