An opportunity is available for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to support the project team, based in Deeside and Malton.
A Quantity Surveyor (QS) will be a key role in a delivery contract, managing the contract administration from the early design plans, through to contract completion. You would make sure that the project meets legal and quality standards and ensuring that clients get value for money.
As QS you will have a sound knowledge / understanding of construction methods and materials and keen attention to detail, with strong evidence of assessments of contracts within the NEC3 suite of contracts, principally options C & E (ECC).You may be working on multiple contracts simultaneously between £1m and £65m.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- If required, assist the Work Winning Team with assessment of tenders.
- If required, negotiate; contract percentages, amendments to terms and conditions, alterations to Contract Data and Schedule of Cost Components.
- If required, early conditional Subcontract procurement.
- Preparation of applications for payment.
- Preparation of final forecasts of cost and value.
- Assist Project Controls team in vetting contract programme logic and advise on structure of float/TRA/planned completion date.
- Prepare month cost value reports and report to Senior Leadership Team
- Manage change management; recording change, price, coordinate programme implications with Project Controls team, negotiate, advise for escalations and complete / assist in dispute resolution.
- Manage and supervise procurement; Subcontracts, service contracts, manufacture contracts.
Key Skills and Competencies:
- 5+ years’ post contract experience with demonstration of achieving completion of work identified in the duties and responsibilities.Good working knowledge of forms of contract currently used within the Building, Engineering and Civil Engineering industries.
- Experience with CEMAR preferred (not essential).
- Experience working on multiple projects simultaniously.
- Ability to work on own initiative and to manage others.
- Good IT skills - particularly Word and Excel.
- Excellent communication skills.
- High degree of personal motivation
- Associate or Member of RICS (Royal Institution for Chartered Surveyors) or similar preferred
- HNC, Degree qualified or similar.
- 5+ years post contract experience.
- UK driving licence.
Millbank are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Millbank operates as an Employment Agency and Business.