HR Business Partner
To support the HR Manager and Key Account Managers in developing the process of building an outstanding HR capability targeted at recruiting and retaining high calibre people driving a high performance culture across the business and ensuring consistent HR advice throughout the Company.
Be responsible for the delivery of key activities within Human Resources, for both blue and white collar employees, to ensure full compliance across the business with UK legislation.
Develop and support strategies in employee relations, learning and development, absence management, performance management and recruitment activities.
- Employee relations: provide advice and guidance on all employee relations issues, including complex disciplinary and grievance cases. Ensure managers adhere to internal procedures and UK legislation, Issue accurate documentation relating to employee relation issues and attend hearings / appeal meetings.
- Learning and development: assist in coaching of line managers across the Company in the required skills to effectively manage key HR processes both informally and through leading training sessions. Manage training costs in regions by challenging and ensuring these are fit for business.
- Absence management: managing processes for short and long term absence, including leading capability procedures where necessary and providing accurate advice and guidance to line managers and employees.
- Recruitment and selection: provide advice and support to managers, lead interviews and produce contractual information and ensure the Company is compliant with legislation and internal procedures at all times.
- Competency: carry out competency gap analysis and action any findings as appropriate.
- Redundancy: provide advice and guidance to managers and employees on redundancy and restructures. Issue accurate documentation relating to redundancy situations as appropriate.
- Performance management: ensure performance reviews are completed accurately and on time. Audit the performance management process.
- Policies and procedures: ensure all policies and procedures are up to date and compliant with current legislation. Ensure the procedures are applied consistently throughout the business
Other: ensure business compliance is adhered to at all times, audit HR procedures in regional sites and offices, utilise the HR database (Select HR) to effectively support the business and provide the appropriate HR administrative support as required by the business
- Sound knowledge of employment law
- At least five years HR advisory experience
- Knowledge of disciplinary, grievance, redundancy and absence management
- Knowledge of TUPE (desirable)
- Working with Trade Unions across multi sites (desirable)
- CIPD (Level 5 or 7) qualified or working towards this qualification
- Graduate calibre (desirable)
Millbank are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Millbank operates as an Employment Agency and Business.