Senior BIM Technician
A leading consultancy specialising in projects in the Water Industry requires a Senior BIM Technician to support their North West office. They use Revit and Civil 3D for the design of their projects, so are keen on a BIM technician with proven experience of this software package.
Roles & Responsibilities
Within the role you will play a key technical role within the team, with the potential to deploy your talents in a number of different ways.
You will produce 3D models in collaboration with other staff and external partners, including "preliminary", "construction" and "as built" drawings. You will also produce outputs from these models for various uses by other disciplines (eg: structural and hydraulic analysis, setting out on site, stakeholder engagement).
You will have the opportunity to join surveys and site visits, where you can advise staff and client representatives about the applications of BIM.
Projects that you might expect to get involved in will include flood risk alleviation, sewer rehabilitation, and water/wastewater treatment works. You will be involved in the full design lifecycle of each project.
Furthermore, you will be encouraged to research and advise on BIM innovations, and assist the team in the Implementation thereof, with the potential to co-ordinate small teams.
- Expert knowledge of Revit Structure or Civil 3D
- Able to work on your own initiative, whilst displaying a commitment to contribute to, and learn from, the wider team
- An appreciation of civil engineering design and construction, experience in schematics would be beneficial
- Familiar with developing standards and implementing them across teams
- Able to work effectively under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Previous water/wastewater industry experience would be advantageous, but not essential
Millbank are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Millbank operates as an Employment Agency and Business.