Senior EC&I Engineer
Two vacancies have arisen for Senior EC&I Engineer’s within our client’s office in Harwell, Oxfordshire. They’re looking to recruit 2 dedicated Senior EC&I Engineer’s with a passion for engineering to join their growing design team.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Preparation of technical specifications and requirements in liaison with client and project or tender teams.
- Development of designs to satisfy technical specifications and requirements.
- Preparation, checking or approval of design calculations and reports for substantiation of designs.
- Active contribution to design & safety reviews (Risk Assessments & HAZOP’s) from technical standpoint.
- Production of project deliverables to schedule, budget and quality expectations.
- Management of design reviews to ensure solutions meet requirements.
- Preparation of installation, commissioning and operating documents.
- Interaction with project management and leads from other Engineering disciplines.
- Planning & allocation of work packages to members of the design team.
- Management of sub-contractors providing niche services to the design.
- Responsible for adherence to internal procedures and external standards and directives.
- Creating designs that are compliant with safety regulations (e.g. CDM and CE marking).
- Ensure safety of working environment via design.
- A recognised engineering qualification such as HNC / HND / Degree.
- Membership of a relevant Institution (e.g. IET)
- 10+ Years’ experience in the role of design in a nuclear environment, or other equivalent highly regulated industry.
- Good knowledge of detail design and detailed drawing production within a high tech industry environment.
- Experience of leading teams within a project environment and the management of medium sized design teams in the delivery of scheme and detail design packages.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines & a strong team player attitude
- Proven track record of successfully delivering design solutions.
- MSc in a relevant mechanical subject.
- Chartered Engineer registration
- A recognised qualification in leadership and management
- Expertise in the nuclear industry.
- Concept through to commissioning experience (full lifecycle), including inspection and installation.
- Good understanding of Statutory and safety Regulations and their appropriate use.
- Proven track record within a project environment with strong organisational and interpersonal skills.
- Good customer/client liaison skills and good commercial awareness.
- Expert understanding of EC&I principles such as safety systems, circuit protection, communication technologies or instrumentation.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of the organisation in a clear and concise manner.
- Good methodical and accurate approach to problem solving.
- Experience of the management of sub-contractors involved in the design process.
- Human Factors knowledge.
- Full UK driving license.
Millbank are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Millbank operates as an Employment Agency and Business.