***Valid PTS and previous civils Rail experience essential for this role***
Due to our clients increased work load we are currently looking to recruit a Sub Agents to join their projects in the North of Scotland.
The projects are located in the Scottish Grampian and Highland regions so we require people who are flexible with location and able to lodge away during the week and some weekends for long periods.
Your key activities will include:
- Set a personal example in health, safety and environmental matters by ensuring compliance with company policies and procedures through method statements, risk assessments and briefings.
- Manage, supervise and mentor section, site and assistant engineers to ensure high levels of engineering control and generation of appropriate records.
- Maintain good working relationship with RE staff and supply chain.
- Adopt and promote a cost-conscious attitude through efficient use of company resources.
- Support the agent as required in operating the cost management system, the production of programmes and QF preparation.
- Communicate with commercial staff to ensure all records for measurement and payment purposes are prepared promptly, in appropriate form.
- Communicate with general foreman to ensure adequate work preparation and resources availability.
- Assist the agent as required to procure necessary materials, sub-contracts and plant in sufficient time.
- Review with the agent regularly the performance, development and training needs of subordinate staff, including underperformance or potential resignations.
- Advise agent of any potential commercial or contractual liabilities.
- You will be experienced in Grit blast & Painting, general steelwork fabrication/refurbishment on bridges and also a good knowledge of rail civils work.
- Essential - PTS and SMSTS, 5 years minimum experience in this type of work.
- Excellent rates of pay for days and night working
- Valid PTS & Medical
- As you will be likely to be working away from home, nights and weekend works available and paid at plus 25% of normal day shifts.
**1 return journey home will be paid per month; flights can be arranged with advance notice to the nearest main airport **
Millbank are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Millbank operates as an Employment Agency and Business.