Our client a leading engineering services provider are currently in the market for a Project buyer to join their growing procurement team.The project buyer will be responsible in supporting the bid and sales teams with cost information for their proposals for new business. You will also be required to support key projects during the delivery phase with the procurement of subcontracts and equipment.
Other duties can include:
- Work within a cross-functional team (Procurement, Sales and Bid Team, Engineering, Quality, Legal and others as required) to lead the supplier selection and contract award for work.
- Close support for the Bid Team in the preparation of cost information for the submission of proposals to prospective clients through the tender of requirements.
- Support operations teams during the delivery of projects the company has won.
- Tender analysis and selection criteria definition (Supplier Evaluation Matrix).
- Negotiations (define negotiation strategy and drive negotiation results).
- Review contracts with legal support. Manage relationship with suppliers, securing their performance in perspective of their project deliverables (time, quality, costs): Strict adherence to Compliance requirements and leading and defining its application to other department’s ways of working.
- Track contract commitments.
- Manage Change Orders Monitor KPIs.
- Analyse and evaluate capital and revenue options and lead decision making process
- Qualifications demonstrating high level of literacy and numeracy
- Membership of appropriate professional body
- Proven track record in a senior purchasing role
- Knowledge of procurement systems
- Knowledge of forms of contract – NEC4, MF1, ICHEME among others
- Knowledge of plant, equipment management and purchasing thereof
- Change management & continuous improvement
Millbank are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Millbank operates as an Employment Agency and Business.