Mechanical Technician, BIW Prototype
To support Prototype Operations in the development of new/existing programs/initiatives by part manufacture and BIW build.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Key Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Assembly of Tub/BIW using prototype sub-assembly and main assembly fixtures
- Build of prototype manufacturing fixtures and line set-up
- Support commissioning build and associated build updates and wash up sheet completion
- Process development for build and fixings stations
- Set-up of studding and fixings stations in advance of main build
- Manufacture and modify relevant components, including contained parts
- Assembly of components and fit to vehicle / buck in sequence of build, adhering to process planning sheets or work request sheet.
- Provide flexible support as required in both BIW part machining and BIW assembly.
- Produce templates directly from the vehicle and use them to manufacture simple brackets.
Qualification & Experience:
- Full education to HND.
- Working in the assembly of prototype or race vehicles.
- Must have worked with and without drawings to develop mechanical installation solutions.
- Machining experience with manual milling, turning etc
- Competent in body assembly using adhesive joining process.
- Must be prepared to work in both BIW parts manufacture and assembly as program demands dictate.
- Team player but also able to work independently.
- Self-starting, relishes challenges.
- Problem solver.
- Flexible and adaptable to new situations.
Millbank are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Millbank operates as an Employment Agency and Business.