Controls Engineer / Automation Engineer
The role will comprise of involvement in several projects from concept to completion, either working alone as a lead engineer, or as part of a team for larger projects.
You will help develop initial concepts for new equipment and aid with the project planning. Create and implement control systems for our manufacturing machines utilizing PLC programming, HMI software and SCADA principles to generate the best solution suited to the business’s needs.
Your duties will also include creating validations plans, producing all required documentation, (manuals, CE approval, testing). Setting to work / developing equipment to fulfill required specification.Supplier / customer site meetings, project reviews and developing new bespoke systems.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Day to day responsibilities will include:
- Creating & working from design specifications
- Assisting manager / team with project planning
- Development and improvement of new & existing PLC Control Systems
- Design and implementation of new PLC systems and HMIs for equipment
- Installation, testing and commissioning of new equipment
- Testing & debugging PLC code
- Ensure the PLC controls & software works in conjunction with all the mechanical, pneumatic & electrical systems.
- Creating all required documentation to meet internal requirements as well as external ones (CE approval).
- Technical writing including Software Management Plan (e.g. SDS, SRS, Test Plan, Traceability Matrix, User/Operating Manual with Troubleshooting Guide, Spare Parts List with Vendor Part number …)
- Ensure all equipment complies with the required safety directives.
- Develop electrical bill or materials with schematics.
- Troubleshooting issues with existing installed systems (review, repair and redesign legacy code).
- Qualified to a minimum HNC/HND/degree qualified in either a Controls Engineer / Automation Engineer
- Solid understanding of computer programming and software development
- A proven track record as a Control Systems Engineer with experience of PLC / HMI / SCADA.
- Experience with robotics, PLC programming and HMI set-up.
- Good knowledge of hardware/software level interfacing.
- Ability to troubleshoot equipment problems and perform complex system tests
- Work as an individual and as part of multi-disciplinary team
- Experience of designing new automated equipment, processes, procedures and systems within a manufacturing environment.
- Good analytical and development skills
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Ability to interface with customers.
Millbank are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Millbank operates as an Employment Agency and Business.