CDM Coordinator / Principal Designer
Do you have experience as a CDM Coordinator / Principal Designer? Have you worked on nuclear projects before? If so, there is an assignment available for just that based in Warrington for a period of 12 months+. Please get in touch for further information.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The project you will be supporting will safely design and deliver a Plant and the works in accordance with the requirements of the contract to enable conditioning of wastes from the various donor plants.
The project is executed from a number of locations. Liaison will be required with all the Project team members in the offices across the North West and North East.
As the CDM Coordinator you will report to the Senior Engineering Manager (SEM).
You will be responsible for the coordinator of CDM activities, within the project’s engineering function and ensuring that the Designer obligations under CDM 2015 are met.
- Assessment of the competency of Designer organisations and personnel on the project, which shall include subcontractor organisations.
- Identify and support the application of any Health and Safety legislation.
- Liaise with project functions to ensure information is exchanged and responsibilities understood.
- Ensure adequate Pre-Construction Information is provided and shared with Sub-Contractors.
- Support the Engineering delivery teams in providing sufficient information to the Construction team, and vice versa.
- Ensure that the existing processes required for the CDM related activities continue to be robust for detail design through to eventual handover of the plant for active operations.
- Coordinate and monitor the production of the Health and Safety file(s).
- Support the delivery teams in their CDM duties and in the provision of the required information, to ensure the design delivery teams provide a legal, technically acceptable and consistent design that meets the requirements of CDM 2015.
- Acting as the technical authority for CDM in the event of discrepancies, inconsistencies and conflict in the technical definition and delivery; so that design solutions are fit for purpose, integrated and satisfy the requirements of CDM.
- Liaison with the client, the Principal Designer, to support the engineering delivery team.
- Ensure, as part of the engineering leadership team, that the behaviours and values on the project, are known, observed, implemented and practiced for all roles.
- You will likely be an experienced Engineer or Engineering Manager, preferably with a Health and Safety background
- You will have extensive CDM experience with relevant certification in this area (Principal Designer course)
- You will be a Professional engineer, with ideally chartered status.
- You will have ideally recently worked on a nuclear project, allowing you to understand the Health & Safety and CDM requirements of sites within that industry.
- This role is also open to applicants wanting to work part-time 3 days per week.
Millbank are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Millbank operates as an Employment Agency and Business.