Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
Our client is a leading nuclear engineering business who provide specialist engineering, manufacturing and technical services support for a wide range of nuclear new-build, reprocessing and decommissioning projects.
Due to sustained project demands our client is seeking additional Senior Mechanical Engineers to join their existing team and support the design of remotely operated mechanical handling systems for nuclear decommissioning projects.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Successful applicants will be responsible for the following:
- Translating user requirements and technical specifications into concept designs and fully engineered design solutions, either working on an individual basis or as the leader of a small team of engineers and designers.
- Planning and executing engineering and design activities.
- Production of technical reports and specifications.
- Undertaking site surveys and producing survey reports.
- Undertaking technical reviews and risk assessments.
- Complying with all applicable statutory and regulatory requirements, and ensuring work is undertaken in accordance with relevant company procedures.
Skills & Experience:
- BSc / HNC / HND qualified or equivalent
- Must be capable in delivering design using Inventor 2016.
Useful experience includes:
- Design of machines for use in the Nuclear Decommissioning Sector.
- Design of remotely operated mechanical handling systems.
- Production & checking of manufacturing drawings.
Millbank are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Millbank operates as an Employment Agency and Business.