Using the novel technology of phase only holography, our client is developing an industry leading Augmented Reality Head Up Display which will revolutionise the in-vehicle experience.
The first product launched with our technology has now exceeded 150,000 units in production. This generation 1 laser holographic Head Up Display, (HUD), has paved the way in proving the technology's use in a mass production product.
Our client is already well along the path of developing the next generation of laser holographic HUDs and other products that will leverage the unique capabilities of the holographic technology.
Our client is now looking to expand its R&D team and we are currently looking for a broad-skilled, multi-disciplined and adaptable Opto-Electronic Engineer to join their team.
- For anyone who seeks new challenges, this role presents the chance to join a highly skilled and focused R&D team of dedicated professionals that complement each other to cover a wide area of expertise. This is an opportunity to become a valued member of a cross functional team that prides itself through due diligence and dedication. Always striving to excel and produce first-class results.
- This role will involve design and development of the core Light source and optical sensing systems within our AR HUD Technology. Working within the R&D team, the ideal candidate will be responsible for evaluating, testing, system design and qualification of our current an future Laser light sources.
- This will be a unique opportunity for a broad skilled Opto-Electronic engineer to apply their knowledge and experience to realise a Novel Display technology for automotive applications.
- Research new Light sources for Application in our future holographic applications.
- Identify, Select and evaluate Laser Light sources for use in our Holographic PGUs (Picture Generation Units) targeted at the OEM automotive market.
- Collaborate closely with Laser OEMs to develop and qualify the lasers for our applications.
- Develop Optical sensing system concepts for compensating luminance, colour and other characteristics of the Holographic PGU
- Develop new Optical Coupling/integration concepts for light source and sensing devices
- Integrate within the photonics and holographic research teams to develop Novell concepts in the Holographic display area.
- As part of the R&D team, you will be pushed and supported in developing new IP to broaden our substantial patent portfolio.
- Bachelor's degree in Opto-Electronic, Electronic Engineering or similar, Masters preferred. Additional courses/experience considered in lieu of direct Opto-Electronic qualification.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience of developing Opto-Electronics in a commercial environment, from concept through to realisation and design verification.
- Theoretical and practical knowledge of Semiconductor Laser Diodes characteristics.
- Ability to work effectively and safely in a Research Lab type environment for testing and development of the lasers and other optoelectronic devices.
- Experienced with delivering Optoelectronic devices and systems to harsh environments is very desirable. Preferably Automotive.
- Practical understanding of optical design would be a strong plus
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced start-up environment where novel ideas, designs, and methods are constantly being developed and tested.
- Fluent in English.
- MATLAB experience would be very beneficial.
- The right candidate will have and be able to demonstrate an Interest and passion for Opto Electronic system designs with a view to delivering to the market application.
- Being methodical in approach to problem solving, analysis, design-implementation and testing.
- Show willingness and drive to find the optimal solution whilst still being prepared, with the same energy and ambition, optimise for a feasible implementation.
- Our client is focused on delivering relevant, robust and scalable Holographic and AR technology for the Automotive Industry. Our ultimate mission is to provide a safer, more enhanced driver experience through our holographic technology. We strongly believe that this mission will be accomplished through a strong work ethic, a culture that encourages teamwork, swift innovation, a diligent focus on customer needs and execution to achieve commitments.
Millbank are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Millbank operates as an Employment Agency and Business.