We are currently seeking a Project Engineer to work with a global engineering business who are a leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets around the world.They provide performance driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The successful candidate will become part of a large multi-disciplined team, working on a variety of plant upgrade, life-extension and decommissioning projects within the nuclear engineering sector.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Identifying, implementing and complying with applicable safety, environmental and quality standards, company procedures and policies and other relevant legislative and regulatory requirements.
- Support the Project Manager with day to day activities required to deliver work in line with the project plan including safety, quality, schedule and cost objectives.
- Facilitate and chair project meetings and regular progress meetings as required by the Project Manager.
- Prepare and maintain project documentation including Project Definition Document, Quality Plans and other documents as required.
- Ensure production of technical specifications and support the process of contractor selection and contract placement.
- Review documentation including contractor’s documents and drawings.
- Ensure technical queries are managed in accordance with process and procedures.
- Carry out financial and technical appraisals of project options.
- Perform feasibility studies, site surveys and liaison with designers and station staff as required.
- Prepare work packages including preparation of work order cards and review of contractors risk assessments and method statements.
- Prepare Engineering Changes and manage the preparation of supporting and affected documents.
- Manage the delivery of assigned small projects, jobs and tasks ensuring that the work is conducted in a safe, timely and effective manner in line with the relevant procedures.
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum 2-5 years project or engineering experience.
- Typically, degree educated, in engineering or a related subject. Chartered or equivalent preferred.
- APMP formal project management qualification preferred but not essential.
- Knowledge of Health & Safety legislation including Construction Design Management and Health and Safety at Work Act.
- Knowledge of budget monitoring, commercial awareness and experience at managing contractors.
- Strong understanding of the need for Quality within the project environment and familiarity with the use and structure of Quality Assurance documentation.
- Must be well versed in the preparation of reports and information using packages such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Mobility when required (within UK - full driving license).
- Suitable relevant project experience within engineering/construction projects, including the application of project management processes.
Millbank are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Millbank operates as an Employment Agency and Business.