We are currently working with a market leading technology company developing the next generation of innovative driver convenience product for the automotive market.
Based on successful proof of concept prototypes, they are now looking beyond displays to new automotive applications in the space of connected cars and autonomous vehicles. This is part of an exciting expansion that will grow the company’s product portfolio.
Working within a multi-disciplinary technology and engineering team, the postholder will engage in software development projects that will support prototype and reference design development.This is an exceptional opportunity to work in a high-performing engineering R&D team and be involved in some of the industry’s latest technologies.
- Provide software support in the research and design of prototypes and reference designs for holographic-based platforms.
- Work on bespoke graphical visualization and UI software development that effectively demonstrate the holographic platform’s technical advantages in different applications and environments.
- Execute code reviews, debugging, and troubleshooting.
- Generate high quality specifications and documentation, we well and project presentations.
- Investigate and recommend 3rd party software libraries, applications and tools that can shorten development times in order to accelerate R&D.
- Support the broader software team effort in R&D and product development on a business needs basis.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Several years’ experience in producing reliable, efficient and maintainable software in C/C++/C# in R&D and/or product development.
- Proficiency of developing applications with graphical interfaces (working with .NET, WinForms, QT and other UI frameworks).
- Experience of computer vision, image and graphics processing, for example using OpenCV and OpenGL.
- Experience in coding algorithms and optimization for real time processing.
- Familiarity with GIT or other source code control systems such as SVN.
- System testing and problem solving in the broader system application space (e.g. experimental work in a laboratory or field environment of the application).
- Agile project management methodology and tools (for example, using Jira).
- Ability to prepare clear project documentation for future maintenance and support.
Education: High quality Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical degree.
- Experience in R&D environment as well as product development environment.
- Practical experience of embedded systems and firmware development.
- Developing software for complex systems including FPGAs and ASICs.
- MATLAB, Python experience.
- CUDA, Multithreading and parallelization.
- Exposure and/or genuine interest in automotive.
Millbank are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Millbank operates as an Employment Agency and Business.