Engineering Design consultancy working in the Nuclear design and construction industry
Our client requires an experienced Civil Engineer to work for one of our large Engineering Consultancy clients to be based between Hinkley Point C (Site) and Bristol or Gloucestershire (Design Offices).
Key responsibilities for this role include the application of Nuclear Safety Principles, supporting the site installation and delivery of civil engineering designs, including steelwork elements (rebar, structural steelwork, etc.) and other supporting documentation on behalf of our clients.
The Civil Engineer is likely to be responsible for activities such as:
- Manage the development of design to incorporate the resolution of open points from the readiness review, minor modifications and changes initiated by Construction Contract Partner
- Liaise with Construction Contract Partners to ensure that changes to designs are compliant with requirements in relation to constructability
- Liaise with stakeholders to ensure that changes to designs are fully integrated with the Plant Configuration and associated design packages
- Manage the preparation and verification of detailed design deliverables
- Collate design information and present for readiness review
- Respond to civil engineering related issues for the Site working closely with the Site Engineering Team and on-site contractors.
- Success in this role will be measured by achieving an excellent standard of delivery with no issues in the work output. Customer satisfaction and further growth of work to support the business will also be key measures of success in our consultancy-based business.
- Our business is largely consultancy-based and so the level of influence for any task is largely dependent upon the skill and experience of the individual.
Typically, we would expect a Civil Engineer to:
- Work with other members of the team, on-site contractors and stakeholders from within the customer organisation in order to reach satisfactory outcomes for each issue
- Successfully lead and/or deliver tasked work whilst challenging anything that is unclear
- Be proactive and have an ability to engage with stakeholders and challenge in an open, confident and clear manner
- Influence customer stakeholders to ensure that the right decisions are made in the context of the work undertaken
- Sound technical or engineering background with a minimum of a 2:1 in Civil or Structural Engineering and demonstrable experience, preferably in the Nuclear industry
- Demonstrable ability to communicate clearly, both verbally and in writing, and present complex arguments in a well-structured manner, suitable for a varied audience.
- Demonstrable communication skills with stakeholders both internally and externally.
- Awareness and understanding of the purpose of Safety Cases in the Nuclear industry.
- Ability to work in a team in a multidisciplinary environment, potentially in a construction site environment.
- Ability to think innovatively and solve complex problems.
- Experience of working in a safety and safety case environment within either the nuclear industry, or a similar highly regulated industry such as petrochemical or rail (preferable)
- Knowledge and experience of the application of some of the following techniques would be beneficial: Concrete design, steelwork design, temporary works, permanent works, ground works
- Knowledge/experience of operating in an environment with a graded approach to quality processes
Millbank are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Millbank operates as an Employment Agency and Business.