New vacancy for Project Managers looking to join a large client led team supporting multiple projects in the energy sector. You will be based on-site at their Heysham Power Station in Morecambe.
As a Project Manager you will be responsible for:
- Managing projects throughout the full project lifecycle - concept (Gate A) to close out (Gate D) whilst maintaining effective execution plans and strategies.
- Management of an integrated project team including staff, agency and assigned functional support.
- Complying with the company’s safety, environmental and quality standards, policies and procedures.
- Following project control standards, accurate reporting of project baseline including the specified project functional criteria.
- Assuring that the team has all the needed support staff and resources to successfully deliver the project.
- Effectively assessing risks and implement correct strategies.
- Maintaining regular and effective communication and commitment throughout the whole project team; from stakeholders, regulators, support functions, Project Sponsors and Station.
- Costing and scope to the agreed project baseline and implement change control when necessary.
- Contract Management – assuring responsibilities are delegated in the F3 Nomination of Contract Roles form.
- Control Arrangements – implementation of Licence Conditions is adhered to during the lifecycle of the project (for new plant this includes specific arrangements under SLC 19, 20 and 21).
Skills and Qualifications:
- Degree in Engineering or relevant subject.
- Chartered status or equivalent is preferred.
- APMP (Formal Project Management) Qualified or equivalent.
- Knowledge of a Steam Rotating plant is highly preferred.
- Prior experience with Brown-field Project Management.
- Proven track of record in working in a highly regulated industry meeting high safety standards and culture.
- Understanding of engineering, design and procurement.
- Experience with commissioning/installation management, commercial contracting and construction.
- Knowledge with Safety Cases, HSE legislation and Construction & Design Management (CDM).
- Experience of estimating, cost control, planning and commercial awareness including the preparation of business cases and sanction/ funding papers.
- Good understanding of the needs of quality and how quality is assured and controlled along with relevant experience of commercial, contractual and financial project drivers.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills – great ability to develop and maintain relationships, effective networking with team-centred approach.
- Good analytical approach and high-level problem-solving ability.
- Capability to lead, influence and work along with community with conflicting focuses.
- Proficient in using MS Office to prepare reports, estimating, scheduling, programming and risk tools and in the use of Earned Value tools.
Millbank are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Millbank operates as an Employment Agency and Business.