Senior M&E Surveyor
Our client is an integrated project and programme management consultancy who support the management of their clients’ construction projects and asset management programmes. They are an international business with great strength and a culture of progression. They place a strong emphasis on the training and development of their staff.
Due to their continued growth, they are currently seeking a Senior Mechanical & Electrical Surveyor to join their established team in Leeds. The role will offer the opportunity to work on a diverse portfolio of private & public sector schemes. It will also offer excellent prospects for an individual who has a strong ambition to progress and enjoys working collaboratively within a vibrant team.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Our client is looking to recruit a Senior Mechanical & Electrical Surveyor to expand their service offering within the surveying team. The Leeds Building Surveying team has a strong client base with significant opportunities to expand their M&E surveying services.
- This is a fantastic opportunity to join a global company and have the opportunity to head up the M&E survey provision within the Central Region.
- The candidate sort for this position needs to have a proven track record of undertaking detailed mechanical and electrical condition survey assessments on a system by system basis (including equipment, systems and plant identifying defects, repairs and lifecycle) and have experience of providing designs and specification for contractor design tender document’s.
- The successful applicant will have a right first time approach to their work showing attention to detail, and be able to manage their own work load with minimal supervision.
- Inspect all M&E assets including HVAC, electrical systems, heating and plumbing systems and prepare reports detailing lifecycle, cyclical maintenance requirements, defects and repairs. Experience in provision of budget costings is desirable.
- Manage schedules and the programme management of surveys.
- Prepare scope of works, concept design drawings and specifications for refurbishment projects.
- Advise the team of design standards and regulatory changes
- Asset management
- HNC/HND level or equivalent with relevant professional membership
- Experience in providing M&E condition surveys and designs
- Ability to identify potential business opportunities and risks
- Works without supervision
- Consistent attention to detail
- Consistently produces attractive, clear, accurate drawings
- Knowledge and application
- Preparation of design risk assessments
- Drafts reports of suitable technical competency and presentation standards – referring to appropriate design standards guidance
- Use appropriate workspaces in AutoCAD
- Knowledge of OLE CAD standards
- Experience in preparing OLE drawings and wire analysis.
- Experience in preparing contract documents, and specifications.
- CSCS Card desirable
Our client offers a market leading salary package with a fantastic range of benefits, which you can tailor to suit your own health, well-being, financial and lifestyle choices.
Millbank are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Millbank operates as an Employment Agency and Business.