Rate: £28 - £30 per hour
Job Type: Contract
Location: West Midlands
Expiration date: 26 April 2017
State-of-the-art headquarters in Gaydon, Warwickshire is built upon the passion, skill and creativity of the people who dedicate their working lives to the most iconic brand in the world. Every intricate stitch, beautifully expressed line, and the stirring noise of our engines, is a manifestation of the desire and collective spirit to create the most beautiful cars. The purpose of the role is to produce CAD designs from a given brief and/or styled surface for electrical commodities, supporting the appropriate commodity engineer.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks
• Collate package data from the appropriate commodity engineers to ensure all components for all model variants and vehicle options are packaged.
• Generate bracket and moulding designs to robustly locate electrical components. Ensure the correct material selection supports the intended design robustly.
• Be able to generate component drawings that meet engineering and quality targets and that allow suppliers to generate robust quotations.
• Design components with weight and robustness in mind ensuring parts are fit for purpose.
• Import and export of CAD data via the Magenta data exchange.
• Be fully conversant with TCe 9, NX 8.5, and Vis Mockup.
• Understand the principles of data management, within TCe and UA’s.
• Attend whole vehicle packaging meetings, representing the electrical department and ensuring the vehicle / programme targets meet the system requirements.
• Lead specific electrical engineering
• Daily liaison with component suppliers and other departmental teams and commodity owners.
• Support component engineers in developing CAD package themes for interior and exterior systems. • Liaise with the prototype build and raise PWR’s (Prototype Work Requests) as appropriate to authorise components to be manufactured to support development vehicles or programme vehicle builds.
• Support prototype builds to ensure that components meet manufacturing requirements and are fit for purpose.
Qualifications & Experience
• Engineering Degree or Equivalent Qualification.
• Previous automotive experience.
• Must have a fundamental knowledge of vehicle design and manufacture.
• Must have some knowledge of electrical and electronic systems and vehicle environment constraints.
• Ability to multi-task and work under pressure.
• Manage a large workload in a high pressure environment.
• Ability to use NX8.5 CAD tool.
• Ability to us Team Centre 9 (Siemens PLM tool).
• Ability to support prototype builds.
• Must be proactive and trust their initiative using minimum supervision to produce practical solution. • Work closely with suppliers to build first off prototypes.
• Must have good report writing skills.
• Good IT skills with the ability to generate metrics through Excel spreadsheet management.
• Must have a clean and valid driving license