Rate: Dependent on Experience
Job Type: Contract
Location: North West
Expiration date: 17 April 2017
Major project Joint Venture is seeking a Subcontract Buyer to join their existing project delivery team based on site at Sellafield, Cumbria. Our client is responsible for the delivery of one of the largest capital projects to be undertaken at Sellafield over the next 5 years.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The successful applicant will report to the Supply Chain Manager. Responsible for the procurement of subcontract services for the project to meet the programme and commercial requirements of the project. Including providing appropriate input in to pre-construction activities. Activities will include:
• Preparation of Subcontract Procurement Strategies for acceptance by the client (primarily Civil, Structural and Architectural packages).
• Preparation of Invitation to Tenders
• Evaluation and conditioning of supplier responses
• Carrying out commercial checks for suppliers and past performance
• Conducting negotiations to enable the shortlisting of suppliers
• Make shortlist recommendations to the Supply Chain Manager, project team and the client for their approval, highlighting distinguishing factors between suppliers and the rationale behind recommendations
• Conducting final negotiations with selected suppliers and the preparation of contracts/orders in compliance with the Joint Venture procurement governance.
• Compiling of Subcontract Order documents on using NEC3 suite of contracts
• Liaise with the project team to assist with the resolution of supply issues as and when required
• Provide monthly reports on procurement and subcontractor performance
• Monitor the supply market to identify potential new suppliers and products and meet with suppliers to understand their products
• Understand the supplier market, keeping abreast of market developments, demand trends and risks
• Focus on exceeding minimum service expectations by delivering an agile, value adding service with a deep understanding of the client’s requirements, technical competence, functional knowledge and process efficiency.
• Establish performance led, long term supplier relationships focusing on value for money, service & product quality and continuous improvement to drive competitive advantage for the project.
• Provide supervision to buyers in relation to for procurement process activities assigned to them
• Support the delivery of Sustainable Procurement and the Socio-Economic project plan.
Person Specification/Essential Experience:
• Proven capability of working within a procurement carrying out Sub-Contract Procurement activities, supplier relationships including negotiation, production of Subcontract Order documents and process compliance.
• Experience of C,S & A packages and NEC3 form of contract.
• Preferably within a construction related environment ideally within a highly regulated industry and on projects greater than £100m
• Experience of working within a JV environment is preferable
• The role will require excellent analytical skills, strong commercial awareness, a measured approach to decision making and the ability to ensure best value procurement.