Rate: £27-29 per hour
Job Type: Contract
Location: West Midlands
Expiration date: 27 April 2017
State-of-the-art headquarters in Gaydon, Warwickshire is built upon the passion, skill and creativity of the people who dedicate their working lives to the most iconic brand in the world. Every intricate stitch, beautifully expressed line, and the stirring noise of our engines, is a manifestation of the desire and collective spirit to create the most beautiful cars. The purpose of the role is to design and develop Interior Trim for future programmes.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks:
• CAD design and modelling of all new components.
• Creation of construction sections to support design reviews
• Creation of detailed drawings to drafting standards.
• Organisation of CAD in Teamcentre ensuring all model attributes are completed.
• Some preparation of engineering release packs.
• Work under the direction of Lead Engineer/PMST Leader on day-day basis in the development of robust designs to meet performance targets.
• Support Virtual Series events through to FDJ.
• Investigation of build issues to establish root cause.
Qualifications & Experience:
• Engineering degree or equivalent is desirable.
• CATIA V5 or Siemens NX trained.
• Experience in the design of interior trim components is essential.
• Knowledge of leather trimming and mechanism systems is an advantage.
• A working knowledge of component manufacturing and tooling requirements.
• 3D CAD modelling experience.
• Microsoft Outlook and Powerpoint proficient.
• Self-starting and self-motivated.
• Ability to work to under pressure to agreed deadlines.